1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE ALL THE EXCUSES

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Dec 1, 2015.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

....but but it's only pre-season. Rockets will be fine once the season starts

....but but it's only one game, there are 81 games left

...but but it's only the defending champions

...but but it's only the 3rd best team in the Eastern Conference

...but but Cleveland started 5-5

....but but Miami Heat started 9-8

Let's face it folks. This team came unprepared to play this season. It all started in training camp where they came in entitled thinking just adding Lawson would result in Rockets cruising to the WCF.

Last off season, the team was badly hurt after the Portland series and had two tough practices during camp with an emphasis on defense.

The players didn't have the same focus. The leader Harden was busy b****ing about the MVP, talking up his marketing and brand and tapping Khloe. Don't listen to the fools who tell you he was a gym rat all off season working on his game and had no distractions.

The training camp was light with no emphasis on anything just because we have so called "veterans". That falls on the coaching. Players start games unprepared to play right from the tip.

And the Morey who is quite through all this. Dude talks a big game on twatter and everywhere on social media when things are going well. This is his roster. This is the roster he assembled with zero competent shooters to play his stupid Moreyball where you have headless chickens like Brewer run into the paint not knowing what to do or other guys just jacking up 3's because they are told get in the paint or jack a 3. Stop giving him a free pass.

Enough of the excuses. This is a max salary team with a collection of veterans. It's sickening that people here to continue to come up with stupid excuses to paint a rosy picture.

swyyyguy, MFG16, bwax01 and 1 other person like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

All true, and there is time still but it is fading fast.

DD

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

No criticism is unwarranted at this point.

1 person likes this.
  4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I can't put a finger on what has happened to my team this year, but I know for a fact that our TEAM chemistry has been nonexistent thus far.

1 person likes this.
  5. dcfma

dcfma Contributing Member

Good Points

I have never been so disgusted by a Rockets team. Except for Howard, Capela (and Thorton) most of this team has either been embarrasing or been lacking effort at some point this season.

It's most shocking on defense (which in large part requires effort).

6. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Harden ain't a leader. It starting to seem like nobody wants to play with him

7. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Bingo

8. Newlin

Newlin Member

What? There's been tons of criticism about everything and everybody associated with the Rockets. Just look at the first page of the GARM. Thread after thread of people people being critical of the Rockets.

But if that's not enough? Here you go.

The players suck. The coaches suck. The medical staff sucks. The Red Rowdies suck(for cheering instead of booing). The owner sucks.

Happy?

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Virtually every thread on the first few pages is abt how inexcusably bad we are. This is just one more.

10. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

We are so bad. I am embarrassed to wear Rockets gear right now and I have it all over my office. I am still a fan and will watch every game but it is really hard to give a **** right now

11. Raider17

Raider17 Member

The team's mentality coming into this season compared to last year's is night and day. Last season we started off starting players like Tarik Black yet we were still grinding out wins because of our team's strong mentality and work ethic. This year's squad is the exact opposite.

12. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Honestly, what other Rockets related talking points are there? I guess there's room for an "I Believe" or "We Remember" thread or two. And I'd love to come in here talk about how Harden is killing it, and what a great steal Lawson was, or how the team is right on GS' heels. But...

EDIT: Also, this is my 4,444th post!

"Number 4444 – This may be suggesting to you to acquire more knowledge or to remember wisdom within you to continue on your current path. There are no bad paths or even good ones, just paths to follow."

"When the number sequence 4444 appears repeatedly, it is an indication that you are surrounded by your angels. The angels are at your side to reassure you of their presence, love and help. Your angels are watching out for you and supporting you in your work and day to day life. They encourage you to continue working towards your goals and aspirations as success and achievement are ahead of you. Angel Number 4444 is a message that help is nearby and all you need to do is ask for angelic assistance and guidance."

What can this mean?! :eek:

#12 HR Dept, Dec 1, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  13. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

... but but getting rid of McHale will make everything better :rolleyes:

14. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

you have grown to LOVE JJ WATT :eek:

[​IMG]

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

... but but we are just 1.5 games out of playoff position. It's still early.

How did this team defended so well the first half of last season??

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Oh the village idiot finally realizing that all our problems were not the direct result of McHale.

Scream louder clueless moron.

17. ibm

ibm Member

yeah. ultimately its the players who have to do it.

18. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

You wanted to fire McHale. Well, you got it.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

If we don't turn it around hard by Christmas, it's over.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

LOL at this delusional no basketball knowledge homer.

McHale was one of the main problems and glad your man lover is gone.

He was the reason that this team has developed so many bad habits on both ends of the court. It takes plenty of time to overcome the pathetic habits players were accustomed to. He was the reason why players were never held accountable and continue to play that way. He was the reason why we came out flat on our opening games. He conducted one of the worst lackadaisical pre season camps.

I'm glad we don't have to hear more about "juice" and "sticky" and "throwing dart" "clap clap"