1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRON] Koch-Kalu show leads the way for KBME in monthly radio ratings

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets34Legend, Feb 18, 2014.

1. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Agreed, I've resorted to that station when all other stations are on commercial breaks and I absolutely never hear them talking about anything remotely interesting. They don't even talk about the Texans, it's just random crap and them laughing at their own jokes. I've tried to give them a shot but it's pointless. I sat there for a good 5 minutes and still had no idea what the hell they were talking about. The few times I've sat through long enough, they are talking about some college team nobody cares about. Shut it down, enough already.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

1560 used to be the Pabst Blue Ribbon of Houston Sports Radio but now they're just a skunky old can of Keystone.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Kalu is a Spurs fan from San Antonio

4. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I can't stand the Koch-Kalu show. How did Koch become an attorney? As far as morning to afternoon talk, Seth Payne and Mike Meltzer offer the best actual sports analysis (though everyone else on 610 sucks).

5. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I once listened to this show and one of them farted and fifteen to twenty seconds of awkward silence followed and they cut to a commercial break.

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it is the month of june.

7. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

1560 the game, now with more Barry Warner and the Mighty Gwynn, uh no thanks.

8. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I like ND and Greg during football season.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I really dislike ND Kalu's personality. He's just so bland, and boring. He never takes a stance on anything, and basically just tows the middle on everything. Couple that with the fact that he takes PRIDE in being milquetoast and dull about everything (including his personal life), and it just makes for bad radio. I've pretty much cut my sports radio listening down to Meltser and Payne in the morning, and Palilo on the drive home if I feel like listening to sports talk at all.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not that anyone still listens to 1560/97.5 ...

http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2015/08/gow-radio-stations-1560-am-97-5-fm-adjusting-lineups/