1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tim Duncan Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rocketsjudoka, May 13, 2016.

1. edlkf

edlkf Contributing Member

Can't wait until he hits his prime...

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

In todays NBA the GSW would destroy them. Remember what the Sonics did against the rockets. Multiply that by 4 and you have the warriors.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Man, give me Vernon on Steph Curry, that'd be some fun.

4. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

So I guess Lebron is a system player too. Miami was able to win in 2006 without him. They were still good this year without him and when they get a big name free agent they will contend to win the east again.

When Duncan was the best player on his team they won 4 titles. When he was just good but no longer the best, they won 1 with the emergence of Kawhi.

In 2000, when Duncan was out for the playoffs they should have easily beat the Suns in the first round right? Since he's a product of the system and all. Nope. They lost 3-1.

That 2003 team that Duncan led won 60 games and the title with a washed up David Robinson, second year Parker( who they wanted to get rid of for kidd), first year ginobili, and Stephen Jackson as third best player (basically a poor mans 2016 Trevor Ariza)

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Top 5 Center of all time...

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

When was he not the best player on his own tea when he won a ring? Maybe once

Barkley was more athletic, but he also never put in the work to win at the rate Duncan did (plus his defensive effort was often lacking). Duncan was absolutely better than him

As for Malone, I don't acknowledge him in rankings, he is a scumbag and a rapist. He can go **** himself as far as i'm concerned.

7. Caesar

Caesar Member

Timmy is a legend but if there is a draft with 20 year old Duncan, Malone, KG, Barkley, i'm not sure i'd take Duncan over any of them. Maybe over Chuck. I definitely would still draft David Robinson over Duncan too.

8. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

Duncan has been one of the best to ever play the game and easily the least selfish, going back to his college days. Had he been a bit more self-centered, his place in basketball history would not be arguable. But it's why so many of his peers have no doubt of his place amongst the ever greats.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Is he retiring or dragging it out another year?

10. Harden's beard

he's coming back

11. Harden's beard