1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Goudelock. Please.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by #Pursuit, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

He's been inactive in favor of Terrence Jones. JB don't have the cojones to put Jones or Smoove on the inactive list.

2. Lightsnowaction

I agree to play Goudelock. If we him from China and gave him a 2 year contract just like Beasley, he should get a chance to play and earn his worth. Are we saving him like we did last year with KJ McDaniels?

3. rocketsmetalspd

The small sample that I was able to see from Goudelock, although in a blow out win against the Grizz was that he can play the PG position now. Like he said before he left the league he needed to improve his overall game and not just be scorer. Hoping that he gets some PT with just 12 games left and with JB as the HC I just don't know.

4. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

He has some post-entry problems. Other than that give him a shot.

5. globecoast

globecoast Member

Does anyone have any information as to why and for how long he is inactive? injury? etc.?

6. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Glad other people are saying this too. He looked good when he got minutes. He can really shoot the 3. New blood has been good for this team. Turn him loose.

7. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

JB needs to play him. Him and Beas play well together too. Goud has that sniper lookin 3, and he's VERY quick. I'd play this fool over T-Jones and maybe Brewer, anyday.

8. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

What if this whole time he could've been producing like Beasley? Guess we'll never know.

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I really don't understand this team at times top to bottom

We constantly cry for good shooters and snipers and then when we have them we either let them go or underutilize them from Troy Daniels to Thornton to an extent to Goldilock now

Instead we'd rather have a bunch of mediocre guys jack up 3's after 3's

10. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

This... I put him on my active roster in 2k and had to put Jones in the reserves. It's a pretty far fall from grace at that point, but there's just too many dang pf's on this team now. Harrell is the guy who should be playing, but can't find minutes with D-Mo and Beasley both playing so well.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Ridiculous that Goudelock is not on the active roster. No reason at all for TJ to be active. He is not going to see any playing time ahead of DMo/Beas/Harrell/Capela, or small ball guys Ariza/Brewer/McDaniels.

12. Moahst

Moahst Member

Has anyone ever considered that Goudelock, who has not been in the NBA since 2013, might not be a very good player? He's an undersized shooting guard trying to play point guard and from all the information I can gather it would appear that he is also a bad defender.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source: Houston Rockets did not pick up team option on Andrew Goudelock.</p>&mdash; David Pick (@IAmDPick) <a href="https://twitter.com/IAmDPick/status/751139605219532801">July 7, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

His contract doesn't become guaranteed until Aug 1st. So Rockets can use him as salary filler in a trade until then.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rockets have told rep for Andrew Goudelock they will not keep him on roster past Aug 1 when contract would have been guaranteed, per source.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/751141740837384192">July 7, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. rocketman4325

rocketman4325 Member

I guess I'm in the minority but I really like Goudelocks shot.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

JR, what do you use for Twitter on your computer?

The Twitter app for windows is driving me crazy because I can't embed like I could on my old app.

18. meanplays

meanplays Member

It's disappointing that free agency has over-valued so many mediocre players...i think the right way is to build through the draft...at least their salaries are capped for a 3-4 year contract

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I guess, in the end, he wasn't... just right.

1 person likes this.
  20. OTMax

OTMax Member

Of course. Next