1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Directv channel 4 ROCKETS games?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MCMINGDYNASTY07, Nov 7, 2007.

1. MCMINGDYNASTY07

Yo, duz anybody hav directv and know tha channel 2 watch ROCKETS games on directv without payin 4 league pass? I recently switched 2 directv from cable, and recorded wat i thot was guna b tha game on channel 643 (fsn southwest, acordin 2 tha guide it was playin on 3 channels: 643, 639, nbalp), and it turned out 2 b baylor vs tx tech football. Tha whole reason we switched 2 directv is cuz they told us tha fsn channel wud broadcast tha ROCKETS games. Im tryin 2 figure out if we wer misled+ lied 2 on purpose just so we cud pay 4 tha subscription, or if u can truly watch all tha ROCKETS games on a particular channel without havin 2 shel out mor $ 4 league pass. Help a brotha out!! :confused: :( :mad:

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i thought we weren't supposed to use babelfish translations anymore on this board

3. Rockets0708

Rockets0708 Member

Rockets can be seen on 639 and 639-1 (HD)

4. MCMINGDYNASTY07

So i shud just record tha games on channel 639 (FSH) form now on? I dont need league pass+ 643 is incorect if they say they r showin tha game in tha guide? :confused: :eek:

5. GMNot

GMNot Member

Depends on where you live.

If you're in the Austin area, Ch 639 only gives you pre and post game stuff. If you're in College Station, however, 639 works for most games, except nationally televised and when Ch 20 covers the game. Depending on where you live you may HAVE to have NBALP to see the Rockets regularly. And you may not get Ch 639 in other areas. The "Regional Sports Package" may get you 639 if you don't have it with your regular subscription.

6. MCMINGDYNASTY07

Dam, im in Suthern cali. So ther is stil a posibilty that they misled me by telin me i dont need lp, wen i mite end up needin it 2 c all tha games anyway? :confused: :mad:

7. persian hoopa

persian hoopa Contributing Member

Dude, you NEED LEAGUE PASS if you live in SoCal to see the Rockets. The channels you need to look at are in the 750's. You might get the Rockets announcers you might not.

Here is the schedule. http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIF.jsp?assetId=1100033

Those of us in H-town that have DirecTV can watch the Rockets on 639 or if in HD 639-1. You can't.

8. MCMINGDYNASTY07

Wow, thats prety gay, lol. So we ended up swichin 2 directv cuz they told us we didnt need lp 2 watcha tha ROCKETS games, and now im guna hafta get it anyway. Gota luv salespeople. :mad: :( :rolleyes: :eek:

9. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

its 639 only if u are in the h-town area

10. wgray

wgray Member

are you sure it don't change like my dish network does??

it would be nice because the bar i like to go to has directtv. and i don't know where it is alot of the time

11. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

I've been able to get it on 639 or whichever channel in the 750s the game is assigned to that night. I have LP and don't live in Texas.

12. trea

trea Contributing Member

Uhhh what?

13. MCMINGDYNASTY07

Thanx 4 tha info doods. We r guna dich directv alredy cuz they lied 2 us wen they sed we didnt need nbalp 2 watch tha games. We r guna hafta stik wit tha cable company, even tho we dont realy wana, cuz its actualy cheaper if we get fone, internet, cable+ nbalp thru them. :D :cool: ;)

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I think he used, www.gizoogle.com ;)

15. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Actually I am getting the games on the 639 and I live in Kentucky. Of course I didn't get the Bobcats game because it wasn't on FSN, but the rest I have been able to see.