1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Kevin Martin gonna play again this season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by skillz034, Mar 31, 2010.

1. skillz034

skillz034 Member

Anybody have any updates on Kevin martin? I'm going to the game next week against the Jazz and am hoping that he's playing by then.

2. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

dont hold your breath, the coaching staff seems to be in full tank mode. im sure you'll get to see scola and ariza and lowry go all out as well as the rookies but i wouldnt expect much else...

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

no ,let him heal. PLAY JT!!!!

4. abc2007

abc2007 Member

The jazz game will be on national tv. Our veteran players may play.

5. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

tanking isn't really an appropriate word for our situation imo. we have like 10 games left, if sa or por wins more than four of their 11 and 10 games respectively than we are out, we already have nagging injuries in battier, martin, lowry, hill, jeffries, possibly still ariza...coaches aren't tanking their avoiding the inevitable next injury that seems to plague this team year in and year out

6. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Get used to it, dude has a black cloud over him with injuries. He had 1 season where he played 80 games. 1 season.

7. lalala902102001

That's the biggest concern I have with Martin as well. The guy's injury history has been awful -- he never seems to be healthy. If we are going to make a run next season we need him to play at least 70 games.

8. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Everyone knows he's injury prone. The thing that will most likely alleviate his injury woes is the Rockets won't have to rely on him as much as the Kings did. I expect him to play 70+ games next year unless Yao comes down with an injury.

9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

All I ask for is for him to play more games with Houston than T-Mac did. More importantly, I want to see him and Yao play together throughout the season for at least 2 years.

10. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Shoulder injury = lol = tanking

11. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Actually, Bill said last night that he's likely to play tonight against the Spurs.

12. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

avoiding injuries in other words tanking, seems like were tryin to lose all our games now as opposed to win. not that we have a chance to really make the playoffs but your suppose to play to win the game no matter what, thats the spirit of competition, not resting guys with phantom injuries, whether thats truly the case i dont know, im just saying what it seems like to me...and im talking with regard to martin not anyone else...

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

that's overrated nowadays. Who's not "injury prone" these days? Most players have injuries consistently. The only difference is how important a player is to a team. That can be the difference between a guy missing 30 games or 20, even with the same injury. Team sit guys out to be careful when they can afford to, sometimes just to rest. Not alot of players can get to 80 games consistently anymore, injured or not.

14. foo82

foo82 Member

I don't think its a big deal of an injury. If we were in the playoff hunt right now, he would be playing. Since we are not, why risk aggravating it?

15. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

I think we will trade Kevin martin for one free agent(maybe D. wade or Joe johnson)

16. da_juice

da_juice Member

Exactly no sense in making the situation worse for no gian. Is it really worth injuring him to have the draft instead of the 14th?

17. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Rockets is an injured-curse team. Any decent player that came to Houston has gotten some sort of injuries. Even tough guys like Artest is injured and had to sit out.

18. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

yeah seriously. unlike the Spurs who haven't...oh wait, Parker, Ginobili, Duncan. Okay, unlike the Lakers, who... wait, Gasol, Bynum.

fine, but the Rockets are still cursed, right?? I don't care what data is out there--no other team has injuries!

19. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

he didn't say other teams don't get injuries, just that our team has been plagued by season ending injuries year after year....did san antonio lose parker ginobili or duncan ever other year, no they had them all together in the playoffs, they rarely lost 2, they never lose 3

the lakers have only had gasol 2 years, and bynum isn't their main option, in fact his injury doesn't effect their team, they have been playing and winning without him for quite some time

the point is the rockets have had terrible luck with injuries the last decade, we have lost both our franchise players, traded for new stars and immediately lost them, does that not constitute as injury cursed/plagued?

20. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

the only benefit i see is the building of chemistry, but with so many others hurt right now we aren't going to build much chemistry, in fact this team may be completely different next season so it won't really matter...kind of like when no one wanted to play mcgrady because they didn't want to risk chemistry...well it dont even matter anymore