1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Rockets worked out Brandon Rush today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rikesh316, Jun 21, 2005.

Tags:
  1. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

He is from the same high school as T-Mac. Brother of bobcat Kareem Rush. He is eligible to go to college but still undecided about staying in the draft. Most probably a 2nd Rounder or undrafted.

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/brandonrush.asp

2. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

As red a flag as it gets: his brother (Kareem) is on the record as saying he's not ready physically or mentally.

3. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Don't worry guys. He's coming to Norman. :D

4. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

- Brandon Rush: 9 points, 4/7 shooting, 3 rebounds – Rush has had better stat lines at this camp, but he never looked more fluid and confident than he did in this game. Despite being the youngest player at this camp at only 19, he is already infinitely more skilled offensively than almost every shooting guard that can be found here. Rush was feeling it in one particular five-minute stretch, scoring baskets on NBA caliber moves after creating his own shot, and came down the floor once and threw one of the nastiest crossovers we've seen all week long before elevating for a shot. He missed, but it was just an example of what an incredible upside kid has when compared with practically anyone else at this camp. Any NBA GM in his right mind would offer him a two-year guaranteed contract in the second round to stay in the draft. In two years, we are talking about a guy who would probably go in the lottery. It can't be stressed just how impressive it is for a kid this age to come in and outplay players who are three or four years older than him at a camp where everyone is fighting for their life.

5. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Bwahahaha! Why on earth anyone would go to Norman instead of the NBA is beyond me. Maybe he has a passion for denim shirts.

6. Sooner423

7. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

According to the Edward Robinson from the News & Observer, Rush pulled his name out of the draft at the deadline. Rush worked out for the Houston Rockets today and was hoping to get some type of guarantee from an NBA team for next year, possibly the Toronto Raptors. This is according to his high school coach. He actually is eligible for college should he decide to take that route, but needs to pick between Junior College and a high major school.

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1014

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

So I've heard. BTW - new blood is desperately needed @OU.

9. Sooner423

I don't know. I think we will be pretty solid next year. I think CBS pegged us at number one. With Bookout and Gray coming back and the additions of Rush and myself at the point ;), I think next year might be the year.

10. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA! That made my day. :D

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

It'll have to be a red year, not a Lavender one.

12. sime0n

sime0n Member

Bookout is fat.

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Bookout is phat.

14. Sooner423

Lavender was often more of a liability than a plus out there. He had some great games, but most of the Sooner faithful don't really miss him. Everett played the point most of the year anyway. McKenzie, on the other hand, will be missed sorely. However, with Rush stepping in, we may not miss a beat.

About the denim shirts, I don't get it. :confused:

15. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Of course. You are from Oklahoma. Denim shirts, NASCAR hats, and jean shorts are standard attire there. Your average citizen drives a Camaro, sports a mullet, bangs his/her cousin, and has never visited a dentist.

Kelvin Sampson: the best dressed man in Oklahoma.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Sooner423

:D Ok. You were referring to Kelvin. Ha Ha.

I'm guessing you're from Texas. I guess you're saying there aren't any hicks there. :rolleyes: