1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htown_kid1, Jul 26, 2010.

Tags:
  1. htown_kid1

htown_kid1 Member

if he got better at shooting, would he be able to start over Brooks? i don't know i was just wondering about this because i would like to see him start...but others really love AB....so let me know what ya'l think? This is my first Thread so if bad...OH WELL and if somebody already talked about this b4 then my bad

1 person likes this.
  2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

If Kyle Lowry could shoot, he would be a holy terror.

By the same token, if Brooks could draw fouls, he would be a holier terror.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

And if Brooks could play defense, and if Brooks would fearlessly drive to the hoop to get those fouls, he would be a holy terror. And so on. AB does a few things extremely well. Lowry does more things very well, but can't shoot from Downtown and has seemingly lost his midrange game. I hope he finds it again before the season starts.

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Man, why can't Brooks and Lowry just be better? Those slackers.

5. BoomTown

BoomTown Member

I can't see them taking away Brooks starting spot. They traded rafer because they wanted AB to be the PG of the future. However, I do see them getting about equal minutes towards the middle of the season.

If Lowry's jumper really did get better, he would turn into an elite point guard. But for now, as long as he continues to make hustle plays and grind it out he deserves the same amount of playing time as Brooks.

I love AB but i think Lowry matches up much better with the other point guards in the West.

6. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

We have only one PG and his name is Aaryle Browry!

7. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Or is it Kyron Lowooks? I forgot wich.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We are lucky to have both.

DD

9. Dei

Dei Member

I wish. It's in the same annoying avenue as Scolandry. At least he plays 48 minutes.

10. tlabauve

tlabauve Member

Kind of sick of these Lowry over Brooks threads. Don't you think if Lowry was better than Brooks that the coaches would start him. I am pretty sure RA knows each of their abilities and plays them in the best spot to help the team. Why can't we trust him. That is why he makes the big bucks.

11. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

LOL... and it is Chuck Scolandry to be exact.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

we'll find out this training camp.

13. redao

redao Member

Brilliant, another hating thread.

14. DaDakota

Backup quarterback argument...take 3,684.

DD

15. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Amen Brother!!!! Can we just start calling Kyle Giff Nielsen? :grin: :grin: :grin:

16. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

That is too bad that you are sick of these threads. Take some Midol and get over it.

Last season was Kyle Lowry's first full season with the Rocket's team. Rick Adelman will have the opportunity re-evaluate his rotation in view of the changes in personnel that the Rockets will have coming into this next season. With the improved scoring ability provided by the rest of the starting lineup, estimated to be Yao (20), Martin (20), Scola (15) and Ariza (15), together with one of the deepest benches in the NBA, the Rockets are not going to need a 5'10" player trying to act like a superstar (which he is not) and score 25+ points a game from the point guard position.

In the playoffs next year, the ability to play solid defense will be a huge deciding factor in determining which teams advances to the conference and NBA championship series. With Martin and Brooks starting, the Rockets backcourt is a defensive sieve. Coach Adelman will know what to do, and Aaron Brooks is not the sacred cow that many around here seem to think that he is.

I am looking forward to seeing this all play out. Some of you may be in for a big surprise early in the season when reviewing the Rocket's starting lineup at the PG position.

1 person likes this.
  17. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Or Matt Schaub?

18. DaDakota

Bucky Richardson.

DD

19. Prince

Prince Member

Brooks can't play defense? just because he doesn't get charges like Kyle doesn't mean that he's not a good defender.

20. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Or Tom Brady. :grin: