1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump 2016: Yes. We. Can.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Aug 5, 2015.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

nice job calling Remi out on his cognitive dissonance.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I would think such strong beliefs on homosexuality and science are important concerns when considering Supreme Court and other judge nominees as well as high level cabinet nominees.

3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Carson seems like a sincere fundamentalist Christian , who has done some charitable work in his life while still amassing millions of dollars. However, he is running for president of the United States and not CEO of a surgery clinic or pastor at a church.

We don't need a guy whose answer to common questions on policy as he did in the first debate were: 1) The Bible says this on taxes or 2) I haven't thought about that, but I am a smart guy and will look into that.

His ideas such as not believing in evolution or claiming Obamacare is the worst thing since slavery and in fact is a type of slavery (I guess it might affect his earnings as a surgeon?) are also troubling.

Also we don't need a typical GOP climate change denier in the White House.

4. Remii

Remii Member

President Obama called black folks thugs and hardly anyone made a fuss so what's your point...?

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Sounds like another "you" problem, Remii.

6. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

7. Remii

Remii Member

No it's not because I don't worry about it... I don't let BS run my life. And no one has called me a savage but if they do _ I seriously doubt it would have a negative impact on my bank account. So I still don't get whatever point you're trying to make.

8. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

blacks will vote for trump, illegals have been a pain in african-americans backsides for years... just watch the voter turnout, trump is not lying when he says more blacks will vote for him than either of the last 2 republican nomminees

9. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Do you have any actual data that backs up your claim? Or is this just another "Romney in a Landslide" moment?

10. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Yes, I can overlook a great many things that a man might have done if that man's thinking proves to be bigoted. Equating homosexuality and pedophilia is bigoted and no amount of money given to charity will erase that bigotry.

11. Remii

Remii Member

And when did he do that...? What was it he said...?

12. GladiatoRowdy

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Black people don't like racists. LOL. Trump is toast. Burnt ass toast. I hope he runs as the Republican candidate. He will be STOMPED.

14. Remii

Remii Member

He said no group gets to change the definition of marriage no matter who they are... He didn't equate anything.

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

At this point in time he's the closest thing to an independent. And lets face it he probably is. I don't like that he went back on his word about accepting campaign money. This Trump can be bought which sucks.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Be they black men and white women in the 50s...

17. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Yeah, it is easy to overlook because even if he has done hundreds of free surgeries his ideological blinders let him feel just fine to deprive millions of poor people of health care to the point where he feels "Obamacare is worse than slavery"

By the way does having health care empower poor people?

Is it more empowering for a poor person to have a charity operation performed by Ben Carson or one paid for by the government because it is their right as an American citizen. Note I am not talking about what makes Ben Carson feel more empowered or noble.

Note also that it is good that the good doctor goes around urging black and other poor folk to pull themselves up by their boot straps, save, work hard, don't do drugs etc. Who would not be for that. However, if somebody is too sick to work or possibly too mentally ill to think straight I doubt that his teachings will be very effective.

#357 glynch, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  18. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Donald trump or Hilary Clinton

I would honestly vote kayne, waka flocka, or Deez Nutz before either one of them

I read somewhere that trump has declared bankruptcy 4 different times. I'm tired of these rich dudes that are use to just hitting a restart button with no conveniences to happen

19. GladiatoRowdy

Learn to read.

He said no group gets to change the definition of marriage (of course, at least one group does have the power to do so) and then goes on to list three groups that he seems to think would like to change this definition. In listing those three groups together, he is making an implicit comparison between the three.

20. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Anyone who equates Hillary with Donald should probably stay out of political conversations.