1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Mariners @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 31, 2015.

1. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

No doubt

And ole Hinch, he has held us back all year lol

2. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

MR Beard, this team was great for a month and a half after that is almost a .500 team. Now my question for you sir, is this a .500 team? I don't think we are but for 3 months we look like one. Why?

3. mick fry

mick fry Member

Time and place!

4. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Aren't you the doom and gloom GARM drama queen?

5. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

wait till springer comes back fri.

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I actually think he's one of those d-bags who just craps on the Astros, he's one of those best ignored types. I'd appreciate not quoting him, it undermines my ignore function.

7. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

He is probably a #RangerFanForLifeSince2010

8. The Beard

na brah you are right

hinch is terrible yo

he done wasted all our talent and can't even get us into first...well we are in first, but you know what i mean right brah, hinch gotta go

maybe luhnow should go too? i mean he keepn hinch here right brah...no mas luhnow he need go

these guys runnin this franchise in the ground, right brah

9. The Beard

yea he just don't have the wevos to admit on here he luvs dem rangers

1 person likes this.
  10. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Ignore the 10 games right before the AS Break (after Springer was hurt) we're basically 20 games over .500 on the season.

Anyone can tell any story when they get to choose sample size.

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

For some reason, I lack faith in our ability to win when Kazmir is on the mound. I hope they turn around my thinking tonight. I just think Kazmir has a bit of bad luck associated with him at the moment. I feel like the black smoke monster is loose in my house when I watch games pitched by him.

12. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I'm not jumping on Nesek, necessarily - but the August cut-off conveniently leaves out his July 31 meltdown against Arizona.

Pre-ASB: 2.70 ERA with a .183 BA/.552 OPS (33.1 IP)
    Post-ASB: 4.80 ERA with a .254 BA/.799 OPS (15 IP)

Admittedly, that, too, is an arbitrary stretch. And, of course, limited sample size with relievers can always lead to wild fluctuations - as you mentioned, he has hung a lot of zeroes, overall. But he's given up 18 earned runs all year - 8 since July 17 (post All-Star break) - so there might be reason for some concern.

13. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Why discount that month and a half? It counts, every bit as much as the following 3.5 months.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

From the same guy who said the Mavs would win in the first round vs. the Rockets.

Your colors are showing.

15. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

I understand what you are saying, and that month WILL PUT US IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Now, usually teams that do well in playoffs are hot at the right moment, and we have been AVERAGE for a long time.
    Look at KC, they look great, and last 2 months are like 19 and 9 and 16 and 8, things like that.

We don't have to talk about the Blue Jays, as we know how hot they are.

Other teams, well, they have not played that great. AStros have bben average for a looooong time no, do we have a chance in the playoffs???? Been so average for sooooooo long????? Why have we been so average with such a great rotation, and very good bullpen???

Well, it has to be our offense. I remember when i said our offense was not good, and many in the forum gave numbers saying we were number 1 or 2 or 3 on run scored.

Well, that was early, but my eyes told me we were not good offensively. And at the end, well, what other reason is there for us been average for so long??????

Look how good Altuve is hitting for over a month, and still, we can't score. Look at the average on this team. If you hit .260 you must be considered a Wade Boggs. Only good averages on the team is Altuve.

Correa is hitting .279 and Springer .264, those are NOT good average, they are just ok average.
    Then after that, is Marwin??? With a .269 average?

After that, is Tucker with .250????

And we've seen how "good" they hit against BAD pitching, imagine in the playoffs against "good" pitching????

Well, we can win because we have the pitching and defense. What type of team we have? Pitching and defense or Pitching and home run hitters????

We need to identify our team and stop been a .500 team.

If we are going to play like Astros of old, pitching and defense, then Marisnick needs to play in the OF (yes, centerfield), with Springer in RF and Gomez in LF
    Valbuena needs to play 3b, period and have Marwin with Singleton playing 1b.

Lets start winning those low scoring games because this team will need those games, especially when we are going to play MORE games on the road than at home.

Hinch needs to be better, use Perez vs lefties, and lefties only. Try use Neshek against righties, and only righties. Start using pitchers (bullpen) that way, situational, because we don't have many runs on our team, as we are not good offensively. That means, low scoring games, manager will decide many games.

This month, if we are "only" a .500 team, we will NOT win our division.

16. conquistador#11

if you take our 2 losing streaks, we've been pretty hot all year.

17. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

That is a good point, but still, is 3 months of average, that is a long time.

And look, maybe that is what we are, remember, we are 1 year ahead of schedule. I was expecting .500 this year, we are 14 games over. Maybe the last 3 month are what we are, but, the way our starters are pitching, we are better than .500, those guys are amazing.

18. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

Dude quit measuring players value by batting average, making yourself look foolish.

19. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Please, tell me, why are we so average for so long????

Enlight me, please

Starting pitching? No, they are doing great.
    Reliever? No, they are doing very gooood.

Please, explain to me why .500 for 3 months?????

20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I keep hearing this stupid argument that we aren't good against good pitching. No s***, Sherlock! That's why it's good pitching. They're f***ing good! No one hits well against them. If they did, they wouldn't be considered good pitchers.