1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Muslim News] Radiohead Fans Attacked During Turkish Release Party Because Ramadan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by percicles, Jun 18, 2016.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

And the EU wants to give 73 million of them Visa free privileges?

1 person likes this.
  2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Not sure if your link has the video but here it is.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XJMv_XPmvfQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Creeps

1 person likes this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Violent intolerance is one of the biggest problems with Islam.

Nobody in their right mind wants to deny Muslims their right to live their spirituality the way they see fit, as long as that does not interfere with other's lives. If they want to fast, good for them.

The problem is that Islam is not content with its own followers living the way it dictates - it demands supremacy and that even those who do not want to have to live under its rules. Thus, they think they have a moral right to force others to fast if they fast.

Islam is the antithesis to liberalism.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Well said. Too bad so many posters here don't see this. The founder of the religion was an assertive man who held no quarter. It's inherent within Islam to force the faith onto the world.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People need to distinguish Islamists from the rest of the Muslim population.

There is indeed a problem with intolerant Islamists who are willing to resort to violence for their religion.

7. cml750

cml750 Member

Sweet Lou, have you ever bothered to really look at Islam??? The ones who are doing the terrorist acts are the ones who are truly following the religion. Please do yourself a favor and look at the teaching of the Qu'ran and the Hadith. There are millions of Muslims who only practice so called "good parts" of Islam but they ignore the true teachings. The ones who practice Jihad are the ones who are truly following the entire Islamic teachings. This is not a popular belief but it is 100% true. All you have to do is read the Qu'ran and the Hadith to see the truth. It is all there in black in white if you take the time to read it.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

By that thinking there are no real Christians either or Jews because they aren't following the teachings of their books.

At the end of the day it comes down to this - some people argue that a book written over a thousand years ago is being followed to the letter and perversing the human mind.

From my experiences, a book doesn't do that. People don't develop intolerance because of a book. They develop it from the social group that influences them - their parents, their culture, their religious institutions. The problem isn't the Qu'ran, the problem is the way Islam is practices today. People aren't becoming radicalized from a book. There are people who are radicalized who haven't even read the Qu'ran.

People radicalize people. It's a type of brainwashing. To say that the Muslims who are good or moderate are simply terrible followers of their religion is like saying Pope Francis is a heretic because he doesn't follow the Bible literally.

Let me ask you something - why are you not open to the possibility that it's not the book and that it's the institution? At least that there is some doubt, no?

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope they get arrested by the police
    The karma police

10. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

That's an ignorant and manipulative post if I've ever seen one

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Which can't happen.

DD

12. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

This seems pretty absurd for supposedly secular Turkey.

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

There are 1.5 billion muslims in the world. If it was 10% that were "radical", the world would be overrun. It is less than 1% that cause problems. much less.

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

How much less because 1% of 1.5 billion is a lot of facking people!!!

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

That's not how it works. Many people can have bad ideas such as misogyny and the world won't be 'overrun'.

16. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Looks like their new song "Burn the Witch" was slightly prophetic.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yI2oS2hoL0k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stay in the shadows
    Cheer at the gallows
    This is a round up

This is a low flying panic attack
    Sing a song on the jukebox that goes

Burn the witch
    Burn the witch
    We know where you live

Red crosses on wooden doors
    And if you float you burn
    Loose talk around tables
    Abandon all reason
    Avoid all eye contact
    Do not react
    Shoot the messengers

This is a low flying panic attack
    Sing the song of sixpence that goes

Burn the witch
    Burn the witch
    We know where you live
    We know where you live

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I wish things like this were surprising, but they aren't. Like, at all.

18. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

People in those countries are like the Christians from back in the 1600s. They eventually have to get with the program.

Here's the problem on both sides- I'm not going to make an excuse for these assholes' behavior just b/c I'm afraid of offending a culture- if they treat women like ****, or pull this crap, **** them.

At the same time, I'm not going to go to my peaceful, loving Muslim friends and tell them their religion is ****. Which is exactly what some of you right-leaning posters want us to do. You act like we condone **** like this and we don't. No one on this board in their right ****ing mind is going to condone Islamist whackjobs throwing someone off a building, much as you like to think we would. But we're not falling into your trap of "hey, I'm going to make 10 posts a week about all the atrocities committed by Islam extremists so that I can turn people against it." Behavior is behavior. Whether you do it in the name of Islam or in the name of I-hate-myself-so-I'm-taking-everyone-down-with-me, harming human beings is wrong.

Peace-loving Muslims who choose what to follow from the Koran are just the same as peace-loving Catholics who choose what to follow from the Bible. They just have more ignorant people in those countries- like we used to have back in the day. But you're not going to make this about "ooh, look how bad the Koran's teachings are" without comparing it to the numerous atrocities from the Old Testament.

Bad is bad, evil is evil, and good is good. If following Islam makes you a more kind human being, profess your faith from the rooftops. If following it makes you a depraved human being, **** your religion.

19. ipaman

The worst part of that video is that guy judging, condemning, and beating everyone is not a terrorist. I bet he's just a normal guy and I'm sorry but that makes that dogma is really facking scary.

20. ipaman

but don't we have to point the finger, identify them, and call them out so they can get with the program. or are we supposed to just let them figure it our on their own regardless how long it takes?

1 person likes this.