1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Malcolm Brogdon

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Normalus, May 16, 2016.

1. Normalus

Normalus Member

[​IMG]
    • 6' 5.5'' (w/ shoes) & 223-pound solid frame guard from Virginia.
    • He is one of the best defensive guards in this years draft in my opinion.
    • Although he doesn't have elite leaping ability, he has 6' 10.5'' wingspan and great lateral movement.
    [youtube]-StYCzMafq8[/youtube]
    • Last season he shot 45.7% from the field, 39.1% from behind the arc & 89.7% from free-throw line. He is the best of all prospects on FT%.
    • Participating in 2016 NBA Draft Combine - during athleticism testings was best in Shuttle Run with 2.64 seconds. It's the best result of all time Draft Combines where they have tested Shuttle Run (if not missed something).
    Draft Combine - Day One Recap:
    • There's one thing he would most definately benefit from - he is outstanding coming of a pick, amazing decision making. Bigger NBA court would give him more space to operate, needs to improve his shooting release tho.
    • Besides that he has outstanding role player potential (damn, don't say Spurs or Warriors would snatch him....).
    • Has improved his shooting, but always can be better - especially when shooting free-throws at such rate.
    • Love his game & I think he's the most underrated player in this years draft!
    [youtube]NZhfnvLb2FE[/youtube]

Chamillionaire and malakas like this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Thumbs up... he has a mature game. His shot might get blocked due to the low launch point, but his follow through is nice and extended and he plays smart.

3. basketballholic

Very nice. Impressive player. Love the mentality. AND skills. Can't see Spurs passing on him some they need perimeter help.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I like Ariza, but I feel that the Rockets should try and get a 1st round pick for him. A young, yet mature player like Brogdon or any other player can be helpful for us down the road.

5. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Agreed. I'd like Brogdon at #37. Seems like a good fit as backcourt depth. This team needs SHOOTING. Badly. And Brogdon could help in that department.

6. Normalus

Normalus Member

He's not a shooter yet tho, he has huge hands. Not like "Kawhi big", but he has some big ones. He needs to improve his shooting a bit, and that takes time when you have big hands...

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Really solid player. Good second round option.
    Upside is a solid role player, as a starter, on a playoff team.
    Which is perfectly fine and needed.

8. Normalus

Normalus Member

[youtube]88EqawFemwg[/youtube]

9. spark06

spark06 Member

I really love his demeanor and maturity.

10. basketballholic

Dude gets it. Stud. Total no risk pick. And Toronto would be a great fit for him. I'll be surprised if he lasts to the second round.

11. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Yup- he didn't last.

12. malakas

malakas Member

I didn't know much of him but after my Bucks drafted him I already love him. I'm extremely happy with this pick much more than Thon Maker in the first round. He's like the ideal role player and the GM and coach already have said that they expect him to be the actual leader.

13. Normalus

Normalus Member

Second career start - first career triple double. This man is performing great lately, and don't forget - he is one of the best defenders in that draft class. Crazy.

Chamillionaire and malakas like this.
  14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Every year you scratch your heads at how a guy like this drops to 36.

I mean we all saw it beforehand. We all knew the upside was likely limited (though he's working on proving that wrong) but that he'd be a really really low risk pick. This is a mid teens to early 20s pick no question....

15. malakas

malakas Member

Bravo OP on the first scouting report.
    He's been exactly as described in the first post, and even better. He doesn't jump high but because of his big wingspan and great strength along with not a bad first step he's been able to penetrate and be a great defender. He also is clutch and his shot is better than expected.
    A great 3+D guard who can defend multiple positions and run the offence off the bench when needed.

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

So I guess they won't take Tyler Ennis for him anymore...picked him up on all my fantasy teams.

17. omgTHEpotential

111 DRTG... Is this a typo?

18. awc713

awc713 Member

Brogdon has been very impressive. Reminds me a bit of Andre Miller. Not the fastest or most athletic, but very savvy.

19. omgTHEpotential

Looking at his defensive rating, not that impressive. Must be playing some matador defense out there.

20. Normalus

Normalus Member

Whole team play awful defense, 72 at half by 76ers. I don't think DRTG is good indicator in this case..

malakas likes this.