1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Buddy Hield

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by don grahamleone, Jan 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That's not a knock on him, imo,...just goes to show he's ready to contribute. It would be bad if he couldn't put up big numbers at this point.

At this rate, hes going to be talked about as a top 3 pick. Right now, I think Minny ends up 5/6 and I doubt they pass on him, if he's still there.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

If OU wins it all then no way Hield slips past 3.

3. White Bronco

White Bronco Member

I don't see him as even close to the top 3. He's obviously a great shooter and performs under pressure. But he is not quick off the dribble and may not get his shot off in the NBA. And he's not a defender.

4. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

There's no way he slips past 3 regardless.

5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Yeah. I have him going 4 after Simmons, Ingram and Bender.

6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah, unfortunately Hield's stock soared. Shooters like this are going to become more and more valuable after seeing what Golden State has done to the league.

7. Nook

Nook Member

I heard Pat Zipfel make an interesting comment. Essentially he said everyone is attempting to emulate Golden State and that is a losing proposition. You are not going to get another player like Steph Curry, his talent aligned perfectly with the rule changes and building a team around 6'2" guards isn't something that is going to work often at all. He said the teams that play GS well don't emulate them. Essentially he said with all the emphasis on three point shooters, regardless of shape or size, that teams are over valuing and over paying and the value isn't there. He referred to Hield as a guy that would go 20-30 in years past with his inability to drive against NBA athletes, but will go top 5 now with emphasis on the three.

8. what

what Member

Buddy'd playing guys his own age now and look how difficult it is for him.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yeah that tends to happen when a defense focuses on you...

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I doubt today hurts his draft position, but you have to wonder.

Nova is not exactly full of NBA level defenders. They are tenacious college players, yes, but still.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

To be fair, it's not like Hield is heralded as the next Durant or some other prolific scorer. And Nova probably (I didn't watch the game) gameplanned for him, specifically.

Duke was bounced earlier on in the tournament, and no one is saying that Ingram should drop.

12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I don't mind if Buddy drops to, say, pick 12ish?

13. kayc

kayc Member

Phoenix has 2 lotto picks, with 1 being around top 4. They already have Guards Brandon Knight, Eric Bledsoe, Devin Booker; I wonder if they'll consider trading their top pick (if they can't get Simmons) for Houstons pick + players or trade Eric Bledsoe for our #12 pick. Either way they may be the only hope at having a shot at getting Buddy H

14. omgTHEpotential

He's not dropping to #12.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Uhh.... The NBA might have let something slip during rehearsal this morning.... <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NBADraft?src=hash">#NBADraft</a><br><br>Via - <a href="https://twitter.com/Efawcett7">@Efawcett7</a> <a href="https://t.co/LRvPOyNNj7">pic.twitter.com/LRvPOyNNj7</a></p>&mdash; Fake SportsCenter (@FakeSportsCentr) <a href="https://twitter.com/FakeSportsCentr/status/745991431760809984">June 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I knew it. I'll be surprised if he makes it that far.