1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In case it hadn't been mentioned: page 44, ESPN the Magazine.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Administrator, Nov 4, 2000.

1. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

If you've got the most recent issue of ESPN the Magazine-- with Steve Francis and Destiny's Child on the cover-- make sure to check out page 44. It contains a very nice little blurb about clutchcity.net.

We figured that if ESPN needed to name drop to increase its popularity, it was welcome to mention the site.

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Wow thats great. Ill go buy one.

------------------
    "You look a team that's been to the mountaintop like the Houston Rockets, I'm going to put pressure on myself to be the best possible player that I can be. With the pieces they already have in place and myself, we can do some amazing things next season."

Maurice Taylor

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Whew boy! Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Had the mag sitting on my kitchen table and immediately zipped over there to read it. Damn cool of them to do this.

Here's the text from the article for those who don't have the issue:

<font color="#333333">ClutchCity.net. Houston, we have a home page. Rockets fans can come to ClutchCity and reload from now until June (well, April). So what if Hakeem is old and creaky? Here, he's still the Dream. Clutch has blunt game recaps ("Jason Collier showed he has a pulse"), obscure trivia ("Who did the Rockets pick third in '83?"), tasteful wallpaper selections and a hot new historical database.

Like most fan sites, ClutchCity grinds the gears a little. Quotes from the Rockets' trainer? A draft-lottery extra called "Quest for Some Balls"? A column about growing up near a sheep pasture? But make no mistake, this site's MO is quite different from say NBA.com's: "No money exchanged, no bosses to impress, no asses kissed." Word.</font>

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

4. FrancisFan

FrancisFan Contributing Member

5. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Cool to see they mentioned my sheep pasture. [​IMG]

------------------
    Save Our Rockets and Comets
    SaveOurRockets.com

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Way to go boys. Doesn't get any bigger than ESPN.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.