1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandon Jennings

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Nov 21, 2010.

1. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

This guy is shooting 39% from the field so far this year 37% last year by each passing game its looking more and more like that first month of his rookie season where he also dropped 55 looks like a flue. This guy an all star? he seems flashy but he doesn't seem to have the poise, patience and fundamentals to be an all star right now. You guys think he can become one in this league?

2. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

he's averaging 14.1 points per game since that 55 point outburst last year. Pretty mediocre if you ask me, considering how many shots he chucks up there. He does have a nice 3 ball though 37% last year, 34.5% this year

3. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

He's a young player, and the pg spot is the hardest position to learn. What's important with him though is he has the "pg mentality" and knows how to setup and make plays for his teammates.

Jennings has good size and has good instincts apart from his athleticism and explosiveness. He's already playing solid defense under Skiles, I expect him to be at Rondo-level in a couple of seasons.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good thing I traded him and Jeff Green for Stephen Curry last week. His percentages are KILLERS!

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Jason Williams tier. Nothing more.

7. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

Franchise type players are hard to come by.

There was a bunch with Lebron (CP3, Wade, Deron Williams).

Since then I think there may be only 1 true franchise player in Durant.

I'm not sure guys like DRose, John Wall, Brandon Jennings, Andrew Bogut, Blake Griffin, whatever high lottery picks have what it takes to get to their level.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can attest to Rose and Wall having that ability.

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

There was a reason Steph Curry was invited to the US basketball team and not Jennings. Jennings isn't as good a shot maker as the other guards selected

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I definitely DO NOT see this happening. Aside from Rondo and Jennings being very different players, Jennings will never be an elite PG in the NBA, IMO. He doesn't have the necessary combination of talent + athleticism, nor does he shoot the ball well enough. The 55-point game raised expectations of Jennings (for some folks) that he has no chance to achieve.

11. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I wanted to make exactly the same thread. After his 55 points against GSW people thought he was gonna be something special. In fact, it turned out to be he is just a good pg in this L. I don't really see him improving much in the future.

His shot selection is poor, and his fg % is pretty bad.

12. teknokid

teknokid Member

how old is this dude?

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think Jennings will eventually be the best player our of that draft class

15. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Im going to disagree and say that DRose and John Wall DO have what it takes to get to their level. Maybe Blake Griffin also, he has been unbelievable. The thing about John Wall is that is averaging 10 assists/game as a ROOKIE. Look up Deron Williams, or CP3 stats as a rookie and compare. I know they didn't have as much control over the offense but c'mon, the dude is like 19 or 20, and PG is the hardest position to come in early and be effective. He has been effective, he has DOMINATED. Screw the Wiz for getting so damn lucky...

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

It's not just Jennings but the whole Milwaukee Bucks team has been a disappointment so far. With the moves they made I didn't expect them to get worse.

As for Jennings. He views himself as a pass first PG but with the Bucks struggling as of late I think he is trying to score more. He is so small and it is hard for him to finish around the rim.

17. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

I wish he was a Rocket, he has so much upside.

18. mosessmalone

mosessmalone Member

Maybe you are saying Jennings doesn't have enough talent, but he jumps higher than rondo and he is probably faster too. Rondo's physical advantages over Brandon are his ridiculous wingspan and his huge hands, that doesn't count as athleticism though I don't think.

Rondo has better court vision and defense, but jennings jumps higher and shoots better

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zpY_Bd0FcI0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zpY_Bd0FcI0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

19. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

that's what she said

20. VBG

VBG Member

I dunno. I still like the way he plays. He gives the team an identity, plays hard on both sides of the floor. Sure, his shot selection isn't great, but he does seem to be willing to learn and improve. He's quick so he can penetrate but still hasn't learned how to finish. He's got ok court vision as well.