1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Is Going to Be A Superstar

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheReasonSF3, Aug 22, 2002.

1. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

He looks great tonight. He already has like 11 points, 5 or 6 boards, and alteast 2 blocks so far in the first half on 4-7 shooting, 3-4 from the foul line. He looks awesome. He is causing people to miss jays because of his presence and he looks great on the offense end. Davis just tried to dunk on him and Ming denied him! He is great in the post. He has a beautiful jumper from the post, great defensive force and he just looks amazing out there. He played terrific dee on Jermaine O'Neal and made him fall on his butt, and was called for a walk :D, and he also swatted O'Neal. He looks like he is a pretty good passer and has a nice post up game.
    EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT HOW MING GETS PUSHED AROUND, BUT JERMAINE O'NEAL AND THE REST OF THE US'S BIG GUYS AREN'T PUSHING HIM AROUND AT ALL!
    Mark my words:
    He is going to be a superstar. He is going to be something special. I can't wait to see how the rest of the game turns out.

2. Samurai Jack

Samurai Jack Contributing Member

Preach on my brother!!!!! Man I am excited!!! Ming is the real deal!!!

Just wait until real NBA talent surrounds him!

:eek:

3. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with your assessment. It sounds strange, but that first half erased any doubts I had about Ming. He can more than hold his own against NBA players, considering he's China's only weapon and he's playing against a group of NBA all-stars. Can't wait til this guy arrives in Houston.

4. njsun

njsun Contributing Member

- TheReasonSF3-

So already block both Davis and O'Neal?!

WTF, who said Yao is not a blocker!!

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He is doing it against double and triple teams also and they are fouling him hard. That will not happen during the season. He is going to be a stud.

Rockets will make the WCF and lose to the Lakers in 6. :D

6. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Hah ha ha!! ESPN News knows where it's at!!!! They wont show
    the game unless Yao is on the floor!!! Damn! What is that saying about
    our own U.S. players? Even Jay Williams! Ha ha hah ha hahaha!!!!

7. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Chill out man. I never said that. All I did was say he has a couple of blocks cause I thought that people would like to hear that, and I was saying what he has done good.

China's guards are aweful. They don't feed the ball into Yao. Even when he has great post up posistion. All they do is gun. Tolbert even said that they should feed it into Yao.

One thing that I have realized throughout the game is that Yao is a heck of a lot stronger then people think. None of the US players have pushed him around at all. He has gotten good posistion almost everyplay. Finley said that he was going to fail. I liked seeing Finley have to foul Yao on purpose cause he was open for a dunk :D.

8. DavidS

It's the start of the 4th quarter, and China already has 21 turnovers...

...is that leagal?

:D

9. DavidS

Gotta love Yao backing down Antonio Davis...Davis was trying to knock
    the ball free from behind...heh heh...no worky!:D

10. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Yao with the nasty rejection! I don't know who it was on though.

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I can't believe they only gave him four blocks. I counted at least six. He was very intimidating on D. Everyone was leary when he was in the lane. There was a play where Andre Miller stop dead in his tracks when Ming was in front him and fell over. That was hilarious.

12. DavidS

Man, what's up with these commentators?

All you heard was that he couldn't block shots (no D), but
    had offensive skills.

Then, after the game they say he can't play offense, but
    could play defense.

Make up your minds!!!

How about this: HE CAN PLAY BOTH OFFENSE and DEFENSE.

13. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

After watching the game, three things stick out to me:

1. Ming was really winded in the 2nd half. Despite, he was still a defensive presences but his offense suffered. I look forward to when his conditioning improves.

2. On his defense, he was excellent. Wink and Cat are gonna love having him in the paint. Just standing there, he makes a big difference. He'll have an impact this season.

3. He only had 12 shot attempts. China's Coaching/gaurds are bad. You gotta get Yao more than 12 attempts.

14. Possum

Possum Member

I was watching the stupid football game because I thought they wouldn't show the game. :mad: This is great news!!!! I"m glad Ming did well and I can't wait for the season to start. :cool:

15. Old School

Old School Member

Jermaine O'Neal is a house but looked like a freakin' midget standing next to Yao.

October can't come soon enough.

os

16. Stevie Francis

good point some reports say yao isn't a shot blocker, but he is blocking a lot of them.

17. Panda

Panda Member

Where's ElGrandeQueso? I hope the poor dude didn't pass out watching Yao stuffing Antonio Davis. Someone makes ElGrandeQueso a GrandeEspresso to wake him up. :D

#17 Panda, Aug 23, 2002
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2002
  18. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

GSW fans are coveting Yao now. <sign> How quickly people change their mind. Sweet.

19. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Imagine Ming around with real talented players, like EG, Franchise, Mobley and mooch. We are gonna be kick ass!

20. moomoo

moomoo Member

Man, you guys are sure up bright and early! But that's what I'm talking about! We gon' kick some arse!