1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

would you trade James Harden for Jimmy Butler?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Madclownpacasum, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Madclownpacasum

Harden is a beast on offense but continues to be a liability on defense. Its frustrating to see the beard play like that because he is the leader of this team. Jimmy on the other hand, not as good as Harden on offense but plays hard on both ends of the floor. It motivates the Bulls to play hard. Would you trade Harden for Butler?

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

No I wouldn't, but butler is balling out of his mind.

3. The Stig

The Stig Member

Yes. Like you say, Butler brings the steel and toughness to the court every night. Mental toughness goes a long way and there's a fire to Butler that I've never seen from Harden. Well except that one time someone makes a video of him playing defense.

4. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Id want more.

5. Caesar

Caesar Member

I'd trade Harden and more for Jimmy or PG13

6. Drogba

Drogba Member

No, Butler got exposed last season in the playoffs.

7. dream2franchise

No disrepect to Butler, but no.

Harden is having an underwhelming season, Butler is balling out of his mind right now. Harden is still having a better season statistically by a decent amount. That's what is so frustrating about all of this.

I appreciate Butler's two-way play right now. We need to see if he can sustain this, as he started in this fashion last season too, garnering early season MVP talk before he faded while Harden continued to carry the team.

I think by seasons end, Harden will still be the games SG even though Butler can claim it to this point.

Hardens shooting, ball handling, creativity for himself and team mates all surpass what Butler can do in those departments. I think Harden could be a top 5 scorer and assist player given team mates that could hit threes at a high clip.

Butler is showing what he can do when he plays to his best, but Harden's best as witnessed last season and for flashes this season is Top 5 in the game, perennial MVP candidate type stuff. I'm not convinced Butler can get to that place.

Now Harden, please just show it so all this chatter can stop. I'm loving what Butler is doing right now, but I'm keeping Harden.

1 person likes this.
  8. Jontro

Jontro Member

I already tried, but mauri won't let me.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bring Jimmy home to the Tomball Rockets!

10. Fantasma Negro

I think we give Harden a hard time because he's here. I'm watching the warriors play the lakers and Curry plays the exact same way. More back door cuts but he jacks up shots like crazy and plays no defense but man where can we find a Draymond Green? He's the best player on that team

11. eman

eman Contributing Member

I'd do Harden & Jones & Lawson for Butler & Portis & AB 3.0.

12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

in a heartbeat... done with the funky phoney...next up!

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would love to see Lawson and Jimmy together...

14. Fantasma Negro

Then trade Lawson to Chicago. You guys are brain dead if you think Trading our franchise player is a good idea

15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

and you haven't been paying attention this season if you think Harden has any kind of work ethic or heart... fool's gold - nothing more!

16. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

This!!!!!!

T_Man

17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Not with these coaches and Morey in power

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

No! God! Please! No!

19. rocketseagles07

Yea I would. He doesn't create like harden but he can lock down the best player on the opposite side which would enable us to put scorers around him. Harden can play his a** off when things are going well but when they aren't mehhh. And I'm not bashing harden I just think that highly of Jimmy

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Butler only has had one and a half star-level seasons. Too early to say how good he can be.