1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who has the best commercials?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Live, Aug 28, 2001.

Tags:
?

Who has the best commercials?

Poll closed Sep 7, 2001.
  1. Nike

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. Taco Bell

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Jack in the Box

14 vote(s)
    41.2%
  4. Budweiser

7 vote(s)
    20.6%
  5. Heineken

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  6. Other

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  1. Live

Live Member

My vote: Jack in the Box.

2. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

"I AIN'T EATIN NOTHIN THAT COST FORTY-NINE CENT!"
    -a 99cent boy commenting on a Burger joint boy passin by :D

3. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I voted other. I really enjoy espn and foxsports' commercials. They're hilarious. Though the Nike "Tag" comercial is pretty cool too.

4. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

I think that ESPN, hands down, has the best commercials.

5. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Geico!!!!

By far!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

2(?) superbowls ago, the commerical w/ the little kids rattling off quips was hilarious ("I want to be paid less for doing the same job"). I think it was just a rip off of a scene in Annie Hall though ("I used to be a heroin addict, now I'm a methodone addit." and then the girl "I'm into leather").

7. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

That one was for monster.com

8. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Monster.com also had that funny one with kids saying, "I want to claw my way up to middle management." and other really bad job ideas.

I love ESPN also. They are killer. Whoever came up with the idea that the ESPN headquarters was the "center of the sports world" with mascots and athletes regularly wandering the halls is a genius.

9. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Thats a great commercial.

Word. Bling. Bling. :D

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

One of my favorite ESPN commercial these days is the one that is a copycat from the natural, with the two guys from baseball tonight, where one breaks the bat and I think Karl Ravitch comes out. It is hilarious.

11. Frank Black

Frank Black Member

The Gap

Short and sweet. The new one with Juliet Lewis and the 2 robots is awesome!!!!!! It's only about 10 seconds long. Nevertheless, I love it! I really don't know why either. There's also a new one with Will Ferrel which is pretty cool. It looks as though he's portraying Neil Young.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Jack in the Box!!! No doubt.

"hey..that's a fake shake...hey kids...this is Larry the Crime Donkey!!"

That's so classic!!! Larry the freaking Crime Donkey?? are you kidding!! I cry laughing everytime I see that.

13. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

14. Alex

Alex Member

I like the Nike ones personally. Well, the ones with all the dribbling and tag to be specific.

Also, there is one about UPS with an old guy who sits another guy in a corner for days to prove how UPS get through customs without packages waiting for days or something like that. The old guy is hilarious.

OH! And the one about being thickheaded! Its about AW RootBeer.

"Honey! Come quick! I am watching a video of my bachelor party!"

And then later on...

"Boy was that embarrassing! Here, let me rewind it!"

LOL!:D

One last one. On the radio, there are these Nestle Brisk Tea commercials with Sylvester Stallone doing the voice or Rocky in training and some one else doing his trainer(cuz Meredith, the real voice, died). Anyway, they are hilarious on the radio.

***Sorry had to post under my real name. Just wanted to see if the account was still active from way back in the day. :)

15. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I remember CornNuts did a radio ad a couple years ago with the most classic jingle...

<i>Bust a nut! Bust a nut!
    Grab a bag of CornNuts and bust a nut!
    They're slightly toasted and hard as well
    Enjoy yourself, we won't tell</i>

I've been trying to find a copy of that jingle for the longest time. I'm assuming that it got pulled off the radio for being too "risqué"

16. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I gotta second this one! :D

17. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Korbel Champagne had a commercial it seemed 5 to 8 years ago that I always thought was good:

This guy is with his wife/girlfriend at his apartment or house and he has the lights turned off and music playing in the background. The woman was pretty sexy looking and he takes one of her shoes and starts pouring some kind of beverage in it all the while she's laughing. Suddenly, you hear this spitting noise and the woman frantically asks, "What's the matter, do I have bad feet?" The guy then responds, "No, this champagne is not Korbel !"

All the beer commericals, IMO, are stupid but they are memorable. I was finally getting used to the "wassuppp" and then they did that one with all these mafia-type guys saying "How you doing?" God, that commercial is ANNOYING!!

18. deepellumrocket

Volkswagen.

Especially the one where the guy tackles the shopping cart that's rolling toward his Jetta and the one with the guy sitting in his Golf who is making all these weird movements and then his friends opens the door and you can hear that he's cranking "Mr. Roboto"!

19. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I like the Footaction commercial (I believe it's Footaction) where there is a runner and an employee running beside him with a radio and then the runner just pushes him down.