1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Colts @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Thursday @ 7:25 on NFL Network and CBS. Announcers: Jim Nantz and Phil Simms

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

If the trend continues, it will be a blowout. ;)

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Massive running game to control clock and keep Luck on the bench. Bend but don't break D. VICTORY!!!

4. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

we'll see what this team is made of...

do they rebound like the Pats last night?

or do they go all texans on us & get smoked on primetime?

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully BOB is tearing into the O line for their poor showing yesterday as we speak, those are the guys who need to step it up.

6. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Colts win 28-24 and go on to win AFC South. :)

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

The O line? You're blaming the O line? Fitz had 0 sacks and Arian had his best game and you're blaming the Oline?

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The way I see it, if the Texans beat the Colts on Thursday aided by the advantage of playing at home on a short week, they could win 10 games which could be enough to win the division. All they'd have to do to get to ten would be sweep the Titans and Jags which shouldn't be THAT hard plus beat the Steelers and Browns.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Most of those yards came in the 2nd half, if they move the ball on the ground like that in the 1st half as well, it's a totally different game. So yeah, I blame the O line for costly penalties and inconsistent play against a bad defense.

10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Finally wont have to mute my tv.

Colts 27

Texans 17

We have the better team but they have the much better qb. TY Hilton probably will go off for 150yds 2tds. That guy destroys us every season.

11. conquistador#11

a true must win. win it at all costs if you have to accidentally knock out luck out of the game, do so because there is no way we will win in indy.

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Texans 26
    Indianapolis 24

We control the game. They try to make a comeback and miss the final field goal attempt. :eek: Another "exciting" game, but this time a win.

¡¡¡VAMOS, TEXANS!!!!! :mad:

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

The only penalites by the offensive line in the 1st half:
    PENALTY on HOU-60-B.Jones, Offensive Holding
    PENALTY on HOU-76-D.Brown, Ineligible Downfield Pass, 5 yards, enforced at HOU 22 - No Play

The offense just couldn't move the ball.

The cowboys defense is not that bad. There's a long list of people to blame, the Oline is not at the top of the list. Not for yesterday's game.

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

The line is Texans at +2.5 at home. :(

Damn, that's worse than I thought it would be.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Both penalties were drive killers though, and the Dallas defense really is that bad, but I can understand why a fan wouldn't think so. They should have been tearing them up with the run all game long, but they didn't really get it going till the 2nd half because the O line's blocking was subpar. Obviously there is some blame to go around, Foster running the wrong route leading to an interception that took easy points off the board was pretty bad too, Fitz was Fitz, the TE's were all but worthless. Again all against a bad defense. Hopefully they learn from this and don't play down to the opponent again.

16. Nero

Nero Member

It's just all about Foster.

If they can manage to run Foster and control the clock, make it a grind-it-out game.. then the Colts can be beat.

If the Texans win, go to 4-2.. with 4 more against Tennessee and Jacksonville.. I think that's 4 more wins right there. Then out of the remaining 6 games..

At Pittsburgh and at Cleveland.. not crazy that the Texans could win either of those.

Cincinnati and Baltimore at home? Again, not a ridiculous idea that the Texans could win either of those as well.

At Indy and home against Philadelphia? ehhhhh.. better chance against the Eagles I think.

But out of those 6, I think it's highly likely to get at least 2 wins, and probably at least 3.

So, even if the Colts manage to come in here and win, the Texans could STILL very reasonably end up with 10 wins..

But I expect the Texans to win this game, say, 20-16.

And if they do, this team is going to go 11-5 and go to the PLAYOFFS.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Holding the Colts to 16 would be amazing.

18. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Tbh the Texans shouldn't be favored against any decent team no matter where they play them with Ryan ****in Fitzpatrick as their starting QB. This Thursday is probably a loss. If that is the case I hope Obrien will make the change and see what we got in Mallet.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

cowboys offense >> colts offense

We really don't have to worry about stopping the run this game unless you're talking about Luck scrambling.

But, something tells me this game plays out similarly to the last time the colts came to NRG. We out-play them but give it to them in the end that's what she said.

I can see a scenario where we are ripping them apart with our running game and BOB decides to get too cute and puts the game in Fitzpatrick's hands.

colts 20
    Texans 17

20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Colts will score more than 20.