1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to tank?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Chef_Monteur, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

I think so. The sad part is that I think our organization is crap too. So, where do we go from here? We obviously have to rebuild now.

2. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

Yeah, screw this organization. Move the team to LA. We'll try again with the 33rd franchise.

3. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Agree 100%. Texas needs to stick to what we're good at, grooming good young players to go play in N.E or N.Y or the west coast. When it comes to our professional teams we will always suck and lose. Just like baseball.

I ****ing hate the fans in this city right now.

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

You b**** about the same thing over and over. You hate Houston teams and their fans, we get it.

5. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

No, you don't get it. If you did get it, then you would be as upset as I'am, which you aren't.

6. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

We're 2-3 with losses to the Ravens (coming off a Super Bowl win), and the Seahawks and 49ers (perhaps the best teams in the NFC).

And you're saying it's time to tank? Holy crap, man. I'm pissed at Schaub's penchant for interceptions and at Kubiak's continually predictable and awful play calling, but it's still much too early to freak out and tank. Tanking is stupid anyway. I much prefer how Morey got it done.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I don't have the energy to trash on the Texans anymore, I did it all in the game thread already. You exist on these forums to whine.

8. Raven

Raven Member

Why? The Texans aren't going anywhere until Kubiak is replaced. He's the problem, not lack of talent.

9. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Your joking right?

We don't have to rebuild we just need a QB.
    I'm pissed to but I'm supporting the Texans, you never know if you get to the playoff's anything can happen.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

[​IMG]

This is the same guy that called out Harden and trashed him during the season after every loss and wanted to fire Morey like half-way through the NBA season...

Not surprising. After every loss for him it's time to rebuild.

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Lets rebuilt the farm system before they move us to the AL!

12. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Yeah let's trade away all our assets for for
    Picks. Then we can be in tank mode for the next 5 years.
    Get er done Rick.

:rolleyes:

13. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

I've lost all respect for the owner. He seems to care only that we have sellouts no matter what and can get away with putting garbage out week after week.

There's an obvious change needed. That's coach and qb, why McNair hasn't acted at least a year ago is baffling. The definition of insanity is doing the repeatedly expecting different results. Kubiak and Schaub are tired acts that should've been gone a long time ago, but no, our leadership positions have dunces occupying them.

We (Houston fans) deserve better and people need to wise up and stop putting money in McNairs pockets until he respects this city enough to provide us with leaders in the most critical places. Unfortunately McNair cant be replaced, he has to man up and want to do better for this team and Houston.

14. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Fixed.

15. meh

meh Contributing Member

This will never be done, but if I were in charge of the Texans, I would consider "taking one year off" before reloading. The Texans currently have AJ, Schaub, Foster, Myers, Joseph making $50~$70mil/yr collective for the next 2+ years. That's roughly 40% of the salary cap. Imagine if the Texans clear those numbers out and re-sign the players they want to keep to more reasonable contracts, they'd have money to spend on both re-signing JJ Watt without really making sacrifices, as well as money to spend on younger FAs who are entering their primes.

The problem of course is that the Texans won't go anywhere for one year because of the cap hit they'll take. But if there's no reason to think this core will win anything anyway, what's the downside.

But of course, not going to happen. I expect bandage type moves like another Ed Reed type signing instead.

16. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

It's not time to rebuild/tank, it's time to put the coach and qb out of their misery.

This team is too talented to be playing this way. This is a QB and coach driven league and we have subpar people in those positions right now and it hurts me to know end seeing this great window we have being wasted.

You can win in this league if you only have a great QB/Coach.. Brady/Billichick, Brees/Payton. Rogers/McCarthy. These teams have not had great all around teams like our Texans, but what happens when we play these QB/Coach driven teams? We get our arses handed to us on a siver platter.

The most hurtful thing about all of this, is that I am coming to the realization that Andre Johnson just might wound up having the most wasted career in the history of the NFL.

Besides Barry Sanders I cant really think of greater player that has achieved less team success. Breaks my heart.

Vent over.

17. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I agree with you but please provide our ideal (but semi realistic) coach and QB combo that we can acquire this offseason (whether it be through the draft, FA, etc and from within the organization, another head coach, or college head coach).

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Man, you'd think we were the Browns with this post.

Why would he have fired Kubiak a year ago when that team at this time was 5-0 and coming off a inspiring season where they were a Jacoby muffed punt away from the conference championship game?

19. Progs

Progs Member

No way. I rather trade for Cousins or trade up for a Qb in draft. Kubiak might have to go if he doesn't start Keenum soon. Why not against the Rams.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

IMO this season is done. I say we tank. Not only will Kubiak be fired and all of his coaches (aka Marciano), we get a great pick, AND next year we enjoy a soft schedule.

There is so much potential in a tank move this season.