1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cushing getting an MRI today?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nero, Oct 6, 2014.

1. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

stop saying this. cushing is not regaining any speed that he used to have. his knee is wrecked. this is as healthy as he's going to get.

2. today

today Contributing Member

What's sad is that when reading the thread title I didn't know if it was a new thread or an old one bumped from 4 years ago, 3 years ago, 2 years ago, 1 year ago, or 3-4 weeks ago.

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It wasn't so much that one play but it's the one image I have in my head of him never even being in the play. He doesn't seem to be anywhere near the guy who was ALWAYS around the ball. He's missing tackles he's never missed before, too. If I were an OC right now, I'd be looking for ways to attack him.

4. conquistador#11

he looks the same to me. remember how sproles made him look in that 2011 game or when he was matched up against dallas clark. this whole new defense is new. he looks like a guy overthinking his assignment and playing under control, when before he was just cut loose.

He is having trouble finding which guy he has to cover that has nothing to do with the knees. 2nd play of game, he broke to the ball and nearly picked off the tip pass from pickett

the problem is mental. his hype speeches seem toned down.

5. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

He never recovered from the first injury when the 2nd happened , he won't get back to what he had before the first but to say this is the best he'll ever be is just stupid . It's only been 6 games

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

he is no longer on the juice which also means he no longer has that maniacal roid rage on the field.

7. yaoishung7575

yaoishung7575 Member

I don't necessarily disagree with this but Thomas Davis has had multiple knee injuries and has been able to come back. You never know I guess.

8. Remii

Remii Member

Charles is a running back and came back pretty quick... But injuries don't come in one size. I don't think Cushing will be what he once was but still have to take under consideration that he hasn't been playing much the past couple of years and may not be up to 100% yet and or in football shape.

9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Cush looked like he was chasing VY in the rose bowl.

10. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

he had 2 major knee surgeries, so he will need a year to recover.
    but I think he will fine next year.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I wouldnt give up on him just yet. Demeco has made a recovery after seemingly being washed up with injuries. It would be great to have him right about now

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

In both players' case, maybe it was the scheme change that did them in...

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Naw he will continue to be overpaid while he continues to regress. What Houston needs to do is acquire a bunch of cheap hungry street defensive guys like Seattle did and surround those guys around JJ Watt. Too many overrated middle linebackers and secondary players.

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

I don't know why people keep ignoring this.

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

No. What the coaches need to do is evaluate the players on the roster and put them in the best position to make a play on the ball.

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Idk about that, I think Cush especially when he was at his peak could play in any system. Before Seneca got dumped, he looked a lot like how Cush looks now. No lateral quickness and just running down anyone looked like he was dragging truck behind him. Those total physical breakdowns have nothing to do with scheme. Cush isn't helping anyone in any scheme in his current condition

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Can the Texans afford to take that risk?

Rocket River

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

His dead money gives them no choice

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol they are already doing that and those guys make big plays problem is when they do good it's great but when they mess up the mess ups are huge game wrecking mistakes. These guys can't defend at all in one on one situations either.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Per league source, Texans LB Brian Cushing (knee) will miss at least a week. It's been bothering him for the last two games.</p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/525096052018647041">October 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Don't be surprised if Texans LB Brian Cushing (knee) is out until Week 11 <a href="http://t.co/uLfKjm0Wjh">http://t.co/uLfKjm0Wjh</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/525097495853273089">October 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#100 J.R., Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014