1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Anuybody else feels like it's still 2013

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

Different year. Different coach. Different QB. Same Results. Close games but fall short in the end.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

When the team has no depth, this is what happens.

After our big name stars, it's pretty barren.

3. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

It really would not surprise me if the Texans lose the rest of their games and end up going 3-13. I don't think it will happen but it wouldn't surprise me if it did. Would be kind of funny if it did though.

If the Texans get the #1 pick, am not sure they would draft Mariota since he doesn't seem like a fit for the Obrien offense. Not sure who he would go after at number 1.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Genuinely curious about this statement, what about Mariota wouldn't we like?

I primarily watch college football and figured a guy of Mariota's talent would fit any system, while a guy like Jameis Winston wouldn't.

5. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

The coach seems to likes these pocket passers. There was some quote somewhere (I forgot) where an AFC scout said that Mariota seems to have regressed this year as a pocket passer. SI also had an article on him saying that if he were drafted by a team that runs a pro type offense, then Mariota would have to be somewhat re-programmed.

This is what I read.

1 person likes this.
  6. msn

msn Member

Feels worse--feels like 2005.

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

But the big name players are the also contributing to the losses. See Foster, Johnson, Hopkins fumbles.

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

It's hard to have faith in the draft with the past draft "success"

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

Falcons fans have to be saying the same thing.

10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

With very few rookies contributing, it does feel similar.