1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deep fried butter...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GraingerGuy, Sep 4, 2009.

Tags:
  1. GraingerGuy

GraingerGuy Member

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think Abel Gonzalez was on the "Texas" edition of Bizarre Foods. They showed some of the crazy stuff he's made for the State Fair.

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

There's a place in Chicago called HotDougs where you can get french fries that were fried in duck fat. I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying I'm hungry.

4. conquistador#11

I had fried pancakes at my aunt's house a week ago, but that's because she fries just about everythin. I'm not schocked at the fried butter. =)
    I recall an episode of goodeats where the guy fries one of his shoes to get the point out, that in texas we like a lot of things fried.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:( Low? Why, sir, that seems DELICIOUS to me. Why is that "low"? Oh, you mean the way they dip it. Yeah. Yeah, that's pretty low. [​IMG] But then it comes back... high... and into our mouths *that's what she said*.

6. Mrs. Valdez

Mrs. Valdez Member

“I mean, butter by itself does not taste good,” Gonzales said. “Nobody just grabs a stick of butter and eats it. That would be gross.”

Of course, both our gurls have done just that - eat butter straight off the butter dish. And I have to agree with them, butter by itself tastes pretty good sometimes although I would't want more than a dab.

7. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

8. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Daniel Tosh on fried mayonnaise balls...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ANsQ0s5wdck&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ANsQ0s5wdck&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

9. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

I'm personally waiting for fried lard.

10. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

11. Kate81

Kate81 Member

I've heard of fried Coca-Cola before, never seen it but heard of it... very weird.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I've been wanting to head to that place ever since I heard about it. :D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZfbTO0GlONU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZfbTO0GlONU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it sounds grosser than it is but consider that things like danishes are practically baked butter considering how much is used in making them.

14. Landlord Landry

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You are thinking of a King of the Hill episode.

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If you ever watch King of the Hill episodes, try to watch one named "Mutual of Omabwah". It had quite possibly one of the funniest scene I've seen when Boomhauer and Bill get ahold of a deep fryer and start frying everything in sight. I think Boomhauer drops a can of beer into it, it explodes and starts a giant grease fire that catches houses on fire. That scene had me rolling.

17. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

[​IMG]

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think you can buy that stuff in some stores. World Market sells it.