1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

best third scorer,T.Thomas,R.Wallace,SAR,G.Robinson,Spree

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mingonly, Jul 20, 2003.

?

WHo would fit best with Francis,Posey,Ming

1. Rasheed Wallace

48 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. Glenn Robinson

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. Tim Thomas

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  4. Kurt Thomas

12 vote(s)
    11.5%
  5. Sprewell

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  6. Allan Houston(remember contract)

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  7. Sareef-Abdur-Rahim

9 vote(s)
    8.7%
  8. Ron Artest(my pick !!)

16 vote(s)
    15.4%
  9. Hedo Turkoglu

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  10. Jerry Stackhouse

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. mingonly

mingonly Member

Theres still hope guys. I have a 'gut' feeling that JVG will keep Francis at pg,and maybe move Posey to sg(pending trades) and M.Badiane has the gifts to beat out Griffin for atleast backup pf.

Now,our trade bait is Mobley,Rice,Griffin. *IF* Badiane continues his mean streak,he can make Griffin expendable. *IF* posey keeps up his late season shooting pace,then Mobley is expendable.

If we were to hypothetically package cat,griffin,rice for anybody that *supposedly* is on the tradeing block(no clippers) then who would you think would fit best with Francis,Posey,Ming?

if you can think of others,just name them.But be reasonable.

#1 mingonly, Jul 20, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2003
  2. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Cuttino Mobley

3. mfclark

mfclark Member

best third scorer...already on roster

Agree with JPM - Mobley. What's so wrong with Mobley that he suddenly needs to be traded? There's nothing to gain from making a deal for the sake of making a deal.

4. mingonly

mingonly Member

Because me and nearly every GM in the League would agree that Spree is better than Cat,so Is Artest,and Houston,and Wallace,and on and on and on. Remember how Cat froze out ming last year? Unless Rudy was just so stupid he allowed that to happen? I agree,maybe JVG can make Mobley more capatible with Ming/Steve but I doubt it. A leopard cant change its stripes.

Besides,I found out from some dude a long time ago that Griffin doesnt want to resign here,so we better trade him now before he walks next year or the year after.If a player demands a trade,his value goes down for us in return. Its just a rumor though. Maybe Griffin will like getting dunked on in practice by Badiane,I dont know. Mobley is just flat out stupid. We all know this,but some cant admit it. Steve isnt the sharpest knife in the drawer either,but his incredible athletism makes up for it sometimes.

Anyways, if your offered a Wallace or Tim Thomas for a old rice,grumby griffin and dumb Mobley, YOU MAKE THE DEAL ITS A NO BRAINER

5. SLA

SLA Member

Is he restricted? And who is this DUDE?

Okay...out of your list...they are all decent stars but I don't like any of them...I like Tim Thomas just because he is a great 3 point shooter...as a small forward.

Rasheed would be Ok but he has his behavior and conduct to worry about...same with Artest. I would like them though...but how would we get them?

SAR would be a good power forward for us compared to what we have right now...he is a scorer and tough player who I just like!

If we could get both Kurt Thomas and Latrell Sprewell somehow and keep Francis, Posey, and Yao at the same time, then sure! Latrell is quite old but he can still drain 3's beautifully...and his contract is about to expire. Kurt Thomas is a good rebounder and average shooter who would be a nice role player...he's quite old too.

I was thinking about that...

There was a Houston Chronicle article about Kenny Thomas after our 1st game of last season...and it was saying Kenny Thomas did not get a contract extension. And the Houston Chronicle was saying he was one of our most valuable players and our best hustler and toughest player. And we needed him because he was out with a thumb injury. And Rudy said he was the best defensive forward in the NBA. Oh well...I'm just reminiscin?.....I wouldn't mind having Kenny at the 3.

OUR CORE IS: Steve Francis, Yao Ming, and Cuttino Mobley!

#5 SLA, Jul 21, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2003
  6. Jauquinsux

Jauquinsux Member

Geez quit hatin' on Cat so much. Everyone here seems to either love him or hate him. I remember seeing a post a while back that Cat has had to change his role every year...PG/6th man/Scorer/Defender..sorta, anyways we should keep him!! He's dirt cheap and he was good as 6th man when he used to play that role. We only trade him if its too good to pass up. Van Gundy wont put up with the poor choices Mobley made sometimes the way that Rudy did. With a little more discipline he could still be a 14,4,4 guy for us off the bench. If anyone should be traded, it's one of those big contract guys that we have. Keep Cat though. If we get Pike we're good to go.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

When did Posey get so much clout on this board. Posey is the guy that shot at or below 40% for his career. Posey is a decent role player but he won't make or break this team if he doesn't come back. I could argue that we were better with KT playing the 3 when he was here.

When Mobley was out last year, our team looked horrible. We couldn't score at all. Mobley is much more important than Posey.

8. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

Posey cannot play sg. In fact I would play him at pf before I played him at sg. Whether he's shooting well or not, he lacks the quickness and ball handling ability of a sg. There is no way he could be trusted to bring the ball up court or beat his man off the dribble with any consistency. Both of these are essential offensive skills of the sg position. On defense he cannot stay in front of the quicker sg's (or for that matter sf's) in the league and lacks the man to man defensive intensity Cat brings to the team. Posey is a sf and that is not going to change.

9. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

[​IMG]

Popeye is your man.

10. mfclark

mfclark Member

<p align="center">[​IMG]</p>

<p align="center">I can be that third scorer! Oh, wait, it's not 1996.</p>

(sorry, had to bring up the old On Hoops reference, what with the Popeye pic and all)

11. JPM0016

a dude told you Griffin didn't want to resign.

There is no credibility there. Eddie Griffin will be a restricted free agent next year and any offer he receives can be matched.

Mobley is better than you give him credit for. Sprewell is an older version of Cuttino. Plus he's making way too much. I'm sorry, but who cares about any of those players... francis,mobley,Yao will be just fine

12. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Yes they will because JVG will make it so! But an enforcer like Artest together with Posey would bring the Rockets tempo up a notch.

13. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

15. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

16. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lamar Odom.

then

SAR

then

Wally
    Sheed
    others

the Spree/Thomas/Ward deal is ok cause of the expiring contracts and attacking two needs. That helps.

17. reallyBaked

reallyBaked Member

ya'll are crazy

the rox CAN'T get any of those players..

they can't even get A.Daniels

18. jshabang

jshabang Member

EXactly.................So what's the point of this thread all together???????????:confused:

Summertime disease is kickin in on the BBS........And theres no cure!!!!!!:mad: ;)

19. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

The Rockets can get these players because unlike Antonio Daniels, theyare not free agents. We have some tradeable players such as Mobley, Griffin, and Rice who we could swap for one of the players listed by mingonly. Daniels didn't come here because he'll get a chance to be the starting PG in Seattle, something he had no chance of being here in Houston.

mingonly, of the players you listed I'd probably perfer SAR. If the trade deadline rumors that the Hawks offered SAR for Rice/Griffin were true, I think I'd get them back on the phone and see if they'll still accept it. Our line up would look pretty damn good if you ask me:

Francis
    Mobley
    Posey
    SAR
    Yao

#19 RocketFan007, Jul 21, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2003
  20. JPM0016

enough with the Cuttino Mobley trades, they are pointless