1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Bosh really pump faked Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rx1991, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Rx1991

Rx1991 Member

Its a sad day for rockets fans today, i've been watching sports center every chance i got and keeping up with the twitter updates on free agency. At first i was really hoping for Melo since i felt that he was are best shot since he actually came by Toyota center. I actually went Toyota center that day to see if i could get a glimpse of him since i had nothing to do that day. But as the days went on it became clear that we were out of the Melo sweepstakes . So then all attention turned to Chris Bosh , i thought he was a longer shot than Melo. But as Lebron dragged out his decision , Bosh looked like a possibility and i really got excited because he would fit perfectly in our system and Sports Center announces "Bosh to Houston If Lebron leaves. Then i hear were on the clock to match parsons offer. So all eyes on Lebron. Wake up today put it on sports center and i hear Lebrons announcement , I was Happy and i even put the happy song my car radio even though i think its annoying, but i really felt we were getting bosh since Houston was trading Lin. That didn't last long .

So now we might come up as the biggest losers this free agency, losing Lin,Asik and maybe Parson. 2 vital guys and Lin (He had his moments success) for almost nothing. Gosh its a sad day.
    I don't blame Morey he still one of the best GM's out there, we knew what were gambling this off season, i was on board with his plan. We could of came out as the biggest winners this free agency , it was within sight that i could taste a deep play off team. But we came up short

I just felt that i had to share that with you guys, this free agency season was real roller coaster.

2. newAge_Rockets

Cool story bro

3. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

What RX are you on?

4. recadna

recadna Member

Bosh used us, plain and simple. Without our 4/88 M contract, there is no way Miami would offer him the max.

1 person likes this.
  5. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I read this post in Morgan Freeman's voice in my head, just tought I would share.

6. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Clutch should really put a temporary lock on making threads.

7. Rx1991

Rx1991 Member

if u don't like my thread don't read it and move on.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Great point.

9. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

And the Rockets used Lin and Asik to try to lure Bosh by overpaying him. It's not personal, just math!

10. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Thanks for sharing, but put it in one of the existing threads next time.

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, it's embarrassing. Most experts expected Bosh a Rocket, then bam.

Thems the breaks.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

They didn't use them. They had to be moved in order to have a chance in obtaining him. Bosh isn't worth the max, but the Rockets had to make their best offer to him.

13. eman

eman Contributing Member

All's fair in love and war. Still, he used us. Let's remember that.

14. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

This is a mis-step for the Rockets. They should have gone on to the contingency plan before Lebron's decision. We gave Bosh too much time to sit and be an idiot. That was our only mistake here.

We needed to get rid of Lin and Asik regardless of what happened with Bosh. The only real question is ....do we match for Parsons? I think the answer is yes.

15. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

So how did the Bosh use the Rockets when it was the Rockets that gave him the offer?? I doubt it was Bosh's agent who went to Houston to come up with a plan in case LeBron left.

Had to be moved is the same thing as using....were these guys not told they'd be the future of the team when they signed?? Then they're shipped off 2 seasons later in a failed attempt to bring someone else in.

16. lastreg

lastreg Member

He definitely used us.

17. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Bosh punk'd us a few times, too bad he'll get punk'd by the Cavs and will be ringless.

18. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

What else can you expect from someone born in Dallas?

19. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Lebron called up CideBae4 last night and told him to stay because he felt guilty about going back to Cleveland.

20. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

he already has 2 rings, he just cares about getting paid now