1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't rob Houston convenience stores unless you want a beating

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bigtexxx, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

No, I always have and will always be Roc Paint.

I have no idea who this El Hitman character is.

#61 Roc Paint, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

There are 20 million people in Sri Lanka. There has to be some people who are good at fighting and he was champ 5 times.

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not saying there aren't some bad ass dudes in Sri Lanka, the place was at war for 30 years, just that I think too much is being made out of that this guy did MMA.

This isn't to say that Mayura isn't a good fighter but I think that any random convenience store one of the employees might be a semi pro fighter might not be as an unusual occurrence as Channel 2 is making it out to be. It's probably more rare that any random convenience store has a Sri Lankan working there.

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes there are 20 million people there but at the same time Sri Lanka is a a third world country that has been devastated by war, tsunami and economic mismanagement so the training and facilities there probably aren't comparable to what you would find in most large US cities. To make a great competitor in any sport including MMA, it's more than just natural talent but what else is added to that talent to develop the competitor.

Before I bash Sri Lanka too much beautiful country with beautiful beaches, jungles, mountains and very unique history and ancient cities. The people are very friendly too.

5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

This.

People act like this was Gus Fring sending out his men to do a hit. If they were really about that life, they would have been packing heat for the robbery. Instead they just tried to stong arm a dude and ran as soon as it didn't get smooth. Seriously, dude got dropped and they took off. I mean we are talking one dude with 2 smaller, non threatning dudes and those robbers didn't want nothing to do with them. They took off like a bunch of p*****s and left their friend for dead.

These are just a bunch of low lifes who plot on people who they think would not be a threat to them. They aren't running into stash spots and jacking dudes like Omar from The Wire.

6. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Sri Lanka is an awesome place. It's the best, safest and cleanest country in that whole subcontinent. I've been a few times before the tsunami and twice after. They have recently been more stable after the ending of the decades old civil war with the Tamil Tigers.

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

That's like saying Scott street is the nicest street in the 3rd ward

8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

People everywhere deserve prizes. Not just Olympic winners.

9. SuraGotMadHops

Dominique Sachse still got it.

10. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

She's the real MVP

Dayum she fine! :eek: