1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luis Scola: The Rockets Should Not Be Too Far Away From the Championship

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Aug 13, 2007.

1. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Saw this interview from Titan Sports on tom.com.

Thought you guys will definitely like this interview.

Personally very much like Luis Scola's attitude and self confidence.....

ENJOY !!! :cool:

2. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

all he needs now is a haircut and he'll be winning championships in no time!

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

wow i am extremely impressed with scola. he sounds like a winner and he sounds hungry for more. i love it.

4. Bald Puppet

Bald Puppet Member

No! Keep the long hair, it looks cool man! :cool:

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

good stuff pryuen, thanks.

once again, scola comes out looking sharp in an interview.

6. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Very good read!! Thanks alot!

7. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

Simply put, Scola is a winner.

8. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

5-star effort, 5-star determination.

I noticed the article this morning and wondered if I should for once contribute to the bbs a bit by translating this for Clutchfans. I gave up in a second when I realized that I have to search all the Argentina Players' names in English and the loaded Q&As in this interview.

Guys you should really grateful to Pryuen for his works and contributions.

9. tsunami

tsunami Member

>>>
    TITAN: What do you usually do in your leisure time? You know, many NBA players of your age like to play computer games or something like that.
    <<<

This question is stupid. I don't think many NBA players take computer games as their hobby.

10. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Thanks alot Pruyen.

I am D@MN SURE now that Scola will NOT BE Vassilis Spanoulis back in the NBA :D

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

He says the right things, and he is quite mature as a basketball player. But I still feel that Scola's biggest adjustment is going from focal point of a team to role player. Scola has an excellent low post game, but can he play off the ball when Yao and T-Mac are dominating the rock? I've heard that his jumper is only average. He needs to be shooting mid-range jumpers the entire summer, because that's what can separate him from Hayes, whom teams double Yao off of without any fear.

12. pryuen

The Google search for the names of those Argentine players is the easy part. No big deal. :)

But yeah, the article is a very long one....but luckily alot of the Q&As are pretty short.

But neverthelss, it took me a full 3 hours for doing that, while I travelled to work from Hong Kong to China this morning.....2 hours on the train, and another hour during the lunch break.

I really hope you guys like that.

13. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Scola's smart. He will know what to do.

Also have to take into account Adelman's strategies and system. He should be able to work something out.

BTW... in the Argentine national team, Ginobilli is the focal point... yet Scola somehow finds ways to make huge contributions to the team. While you could be cautious and wary about his joining the Rockets, I am extremely optimistic that he has the maturity, the smarts and the determination to be a major contributor to the the team.

14. nejyh

nejyh Contributing Member

I'm a great Scola believer, franckly, I don't expect less than 12/7 for the first year, the guy is such a winner.

15. Coca Cola Scola

I like how he artfully handled the question of the competition of Hayes and starting or coming off the bench....he handles it like a skilled attorney. His point that the team needs to work together from the start of the preseason (and that just having a collection of stars won't get it done) shows his understanding of what it takes to win.

Great job, Pryuen. Did you translate this from an Argentine newspaper? Didn't even know you could read Argentine (Spanish?).... You're a valuable member.

16. Coca Cola Scola

He should keep his hair.....it's the source of his powers!!!! :eek:
    I think his hair makes him look cool like one of those Warriors in those Braveheart/Last of the Mochican/King Arthur type movies....

17. pryuen

Of course not. :D

The interview, probably conducted in English and written in Chinese, was done there in Buenos Aires, Argentina by this Titan Sports reporter, Jia Fan.

[​IMG]

I think, as mentioned in the beginning paragraph of the interview, there was this warm-up tournament of the Argentine national team in preparation for the FIBA Americas Championship (to be held August 22 to September 2 in Las Vegas) sponsored by Li Ning & Co. (as Li Ning endorsed the apparel and gears of the national basketball team of Argentina); these Chinese reporters were there for the coverage of the tournament, and therefore got this chance for interviewing Luis Scola.

BTW, it was reported just now over sohu.com that in aother warm up game with the Canadian national team, Argentina completely demolished Canada 113 vs 83. Luis Scola ruthlessly dominated the interior and was the highest scorer with 31 points.

http://sports.sohu.com/20070813/n251557799.shtml

18. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

scola exploded 31 pts in todays game somewhere in argentina

19. pryuen

Please refer to the link and the last paragraph of my previous post..... :cool:

The game was played yesterday, not today; it was in Buenos Aires; and the opponent: the Canadian national team (playing without Steve Nash, I supposed).

Luis Scola poured in 31 points.

And the Argentina team will leave for San Juan, Puerto Rico to play their last 2 warm-up games there on August 16 ~ 18, before arriving Las Vegas for the FIBA Aemricas Championship, to be held August 22 to September 2.

20. angryman

angryman Contributing Member

Thanks, pryuen.

The more I read about Scola, the more I like him. This offseason is killing me.