1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Little Respect Gained for Dubya...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocketman95, Sep 5, 2000.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

but just a little. Apparantly, according to both Time and Newsweek, some in Bush's camp had put together an ad, using Gore quotes from 1994, to imply that Gore didn't think that Clinton lied during Monicagate. Bush promptly said no to the airing of the ad, much to the chagrin of Rove and his men.

It still seems, however, that Rove is hellbent on going negative, and soon. I think whoever goes negative first, will end up losing in November.

Maybe Bush can just call Gore an a$$hole and get this over with!

[​IMG]

------------------
    Cheerleaders are just dancers who've gone r****ded.

visit www.swirve.com

2. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

You know if I were biased I'd merely say "he only pulled the ad because he'd be called on it and lose the election".

But, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. [​IMG]

I don't expect anyone to go dirty until one side or the other starts to creep away. Even then, it won't be called "dirty", the candidate will say some spin such as "I think it's fair to discuss someone's record of honesty".

The public will let you get away w/ murder if you put a spin to it.

------------------