1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandon Rush

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by AzCkR, Apr 27, 2007.

1. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

Just declared, but is not hiring an agent. I really loved watching this guy play at Kansas. Excellent shooter, but I'm not sure how he'll stack up athelitically with NBA talent. From what I've read about Morris Almond he might be a better talent, however I wouldn't mind Rush.

2. Fuse

Fuse Member

I thought he looked like their most athletic player on Kansas. A great defender, unselfish. Would be a great pickup for anybody.

3. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

He's most likely a lottery pick. He has the body and athleticism to do well in workouts. He may push someone else done to 26 though. This is where you wish the East was stronger, cuz we would get a better draft pick.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

10X better than the overrated (by this BBS) Almond.

5. htownbball

htownbball Member

he is the better all around player and a better athlete. a better defender as well. but almond is the better scorer, and thats what we need. i wouldnt mind rush at all, but we need some offense.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yes Jarrius Jackson is SMALL. But I think he is a better scorer than Almond. Am I crazy? I saw Almond against Memphis. Was not impressed...

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Most of the draft sites have him down in the 20s. I hope if we keep our pick, this is the guy I want.

8. jopatmc

Dang, dang, dang. DraftExpress is saying Phoenix is targeting him at 15. Sux.

9. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

His draft stock is lower than it might have been had he not blown out his knee. There are lingering doubts by scouts that his knee will be able to withstand the rigors of the NBA.

The same thing happened to Landry during his college days, but we chose to ignore that. However, after the knee-bump that hobbled him late in the year, the Rockets stilll have doubts. Once his knee gives out, his career is done. I hope this scenario never plays out, but it is a real possibility. Rush faces the same sad scenario.

10. jopatmc

They are reporting that Phoenix likes him at 15 dude. That is moving up, not down.

11. thumbs

Dude, no team, except the one picking first overall, ever tells what player they really like if there's a possibility of getting that player.

#11 thumbs, May 28, 2008
    Last edited: May 28, 2008
  12. jopatmc

Yeah, that's howcome nobody knew that Phoenix was targeting Brooks last year.

:rolleyes:

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I won't rush to judgment on him.

Actually I don't know much about the kid.

14. thumbs

Were they really? No one actually knows. Kerr and crew may have been giving that out for public consumption. What did they offer the Rockets for Brooks?

15. jopatmc

They didn't offer anything. They were wanting to draft Brooks if the Rox bypassed him.

16. thumbs

After the fact, a team will tell you who they were targeting...sure. However, they didn't want him enough not to sell their #24 pick to the Blazers. Brooks was taken at #26 if I recall correctly. However, all this is really moot so let's get back to dissecting what is available to the Rockets currently.

17. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

As much as most draft rumors are misinformation, sometimes the truth gets out. Like Atlanta picking Shelden Williams at #5.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Brandon Rush makes Tracy Murray look like Carl Lewis.

I would not trade up to get him.

But I would enjoy watching a footrace between him, Roy Hibbert, and a step ladder.

19. playlife

playlife Member

or detroit taking Stuckey

20. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If we draft him, can we trade him with Drexler and get a championship-era Otis Thorpe?