1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

anxiety disorder

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by chow_yun_fat, Oct 12, 2005.

1. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

What type of pills do I need to take to cure/make this problem go away? I know what caused this problem and whats triggering it. I dont want to go into lengthy details or go to a pyschiatrist to tell me what I already know.

Is it possible this is hereditary? I know that both my parents have this issue.

2. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

Chow, pills are not the answer. Don't believe the lies you hear about "chemical imbalances." If you knew the history of psychology like I do, you'd never go near them. There are vitamins, exercises, natural means to take care of your self. Plus, aligning with your Thetan spirit is always critical. Please look into the info we have, I can set you up for a meeting if you'd like.

www.scientology.org/

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I loved you in Vanilla Sky!

4. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

ROTFLMAO!!!! :D I was thinking the same thing! :D :D :D

6. jcantu

jcantu Contributing Member

You don't need a psychaitrist, go to your family doc or PCP; explain the symptoms and they will give you the pills you need if warranted (usu. an antidepressant or benzo like xanax or klonopin).

7. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

Pills are not the answer. All they do is turn humans into sheep.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

so what was her name

9. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Speaking from experience, I would talk to a shrink first to get his/her recommendation. Alot of times Its something you can work on without medication, other times you need a prescription. Xanax is the most common drug used to curb anxiety. I take some before I get on an airplane because I used to get ridiculous panic attacks (pretty common for people who fly).

If you feel like you need help, don't be stubborn - see a doctor or a therapist please.

10. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Take the red pill. I'm only offering you the truth.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm thinking this is the more promising path. If you know what's causing the problem, why do you want pills to cover up the symptoms instead of dealing with the problem (whatever that might be)?

12. codell

codell Contributing Member

I take wellbutron for my anxiety issues

13. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

The problem is primarily my parents and their kids (my sibblings). Bad situation but Im stuck with them and they drive me insane. I dont want to start talking about them, otherwise I'll go on for a really long time about all the issues I have with them. Main reason I have these problems is because im a first generation asian in U.S. Having parents who are from another culture and being raised in a different culture doesn't work too well when the parent does not adapt to their surroundings....ahhh see what I mean? Yea better if I left all of this in the box locked up.

14. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

Talk to your doctor. Unlike what the assclown cruise says, there is such a thing as a chemical imbalance. I took Paxil for my social anxiety and it worked just fine (does have some minor side effects). B/C my wife and I are planning on having kids soon, I'm now off the paxil and trying buspirone. I don't think this works near as well so I'm going to talk to my doctor again about other possibilities. There are several out there. You and your doctor just need to determine which is best for you.

15. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Lexapro did wonders for me. I was on it for almost a year and have been off it since January.

16. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

Do they now sell anti-anxiety pills over the counter? As far as I know Chow, you'll need to see a psychatrist, so that he/she can prescribe the pills for you.

17. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

Paxil........ that is horrible for your body. Please man, let pills be an absolute LAST resort for anxiety problems.. Don't fall into the hands of educated drug dealers that tell you it's okay to be a druggie. I know you will most likely fall into the pit of shelling money for POISON, it's the American way i guess.. It's laughable how weak and sheepish people are with the "fast" fix idea of taking POISON for problems that can be treated psychologically and even herbally. I usually never post or take a stand on much here but I feel you are making a genuine effort to get better and I don't want you to end up like the many i've known who have gotten WORSE once they begun the POISON intake. Do research that is not from DRUG DEALERS website, go to forums about it and see how horrible these things are. Don't be a sheep, take care of your body man.

18. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

One of the worst thing you can do is self-diagnose. See a professional.

19. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Thats a big yes. They dont sell that stuff over the counter, or people would abuse the hell out of it - especially Xanax.

I take Lexapro and its working well.

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I can understand all that. I don't mean to get into your business. And, I understand that you may find yourself in a situation that does not seem likely to change. But taking psychotic drugs is a pretty radical step even if it doesn't seem so much like it. It may be worth exploring other options that may seem too radical, but in actuality might be workable. I can understand taking drugs to right a naturally-occuring imbalance. But, it sounds like your problems are resulting not from some biological disposition but from a circumstance of life. If the circumstances did change, wouldn't your problem also change?

I know someone (no, I'm not talking about myself) who a couple of years ago was on Welbutrin for depression. His grades were falling, his relationships with others worsened, and he had a suicide attempt to his name. His depression, however, stemmed pretty directly from being a homosexual in a small Southern town and from a family relationship. He couldn't do anything about it but take anti-depressants for a little while because he was a high school kid who didn't have control of his life. But, one day his circumstance changed; he moved to the big city with different relatives. His outlook improved, he got off the Welbutrin, he made new friends, did better in school, etc and whatnot. He never needed drugs, he just needed to get out of a bad spot. That's not to say that Welbutrin doesn't have a proper place, but that it is better and more appropriate to deal with problems at the source.

In any case, I'll echo the advice of seeing a professional. They'll probably be too happy to give you pills anyway and ignore the root cause, but it's better than asking for brand names on a BBS.