1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Restricting Guns & Magazines in NOT the Answer

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Svpernaut, Jan 15, 2013.

1. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

He was only doing was the Vice President said he should do though right?

:rolleyes:

2. bobmarley

Dem Rep. Bobby Rush Slams GOP Sen. Mark Kirk’s Plan To Curb Gang Violence As A “White Boy Solution”…

[​IMG]

Once a Black Panther, always a Black Panther.

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Most cities have statues that prohibit discharging a gun in city limits. And yes, I understand there are self defense laws/castle doctrine laws. Granted I don't know the law where this incident took place, I do know if I did the same exact thing in my podent town I would expect to be cited.

4. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I've been far too busy traveling for work to keep up with CF, but have a little time to respond now.

I'm dense? You're the one that think 3D printers are $100,000. The cost of 3D printers plummets every day.

I bought a 3D printer for $500. The one that Defense Distributed used to print the Liberator can be bought for about $8,000.

What makes 3D printing revolutionary is you can print thousands of identical guns from a single printer with exact measurements, where as zip guns take custom pieces, are dangerous and inexact.

3D printers can print down to the micron level of precision, that is the differentiator. 3D printed guns will be far more reliable, safe, easy to use, easy to make, and free - with the exception of printer material all from your garage or kitchen table.

Like I said, this is the beginning, in 3-5 years is when the real magic will happen with 3D printing, and if you can't see that then you are far more blind than I ever imagined.

Again, I was mocked for my early predictions that 3D printed guns were coming in the near future, and a few months later it happened. Where do you think 3D printed guns will be in a few years?

You clearly need to investigate Moore's Law - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore's_law

No, I like exercising the rights granted to me by the constitution. I actually don't shoot all that often anymore. I've been to the range about four times in the past two years due to my work schedule and ammo costs. But sure buddy, you've got me all figured out. I actually purchase guns as commodities and investments, rather than to go out and shoot at paper targets.

I brought this topic up because I believe that 3D printing will completely change the course of human history - for the better... and I want to make sure overzealous politicians don't try to outlaw this technology before it can do great things for mankind, because some people are going to print and produce (and eventually mass produce) printed guns.

More 3D printed guns are coming. They will be stronger, faster, better and cheaper. And because of this, politicians will try to stifle the innovation of 3D printing by any means necessary. They'll try to outlaw the trading of schematics. They'll try to outlaw, excessively tax or track the raw material sales. All of which would severely hamper the adoption rate and the evolution rate of 3D printing as a whole.

All of these battles will occur, and Americans and the world will have to decide what is more important. Evolving mankind for the better exponentially faster by openly embracing 3D printing, or slowing the rapid growth with laws and regulations on 3D printing. New York is already laughably raising the pitchforks.

5. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

don't even bother.. they can't and don't get it..

6. bobmarley

Gun-Outlawed Chicago: 67 People Shot, 11 Killed Over July 4th Long Weekend…

[​IMG]

Somehow this is still the NRA’s fault.

Via Chicago Tribune:http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...-violence-july-6july-7-20130706,0,34361.story

7. DwightHoward13

Illinois is last U.S. state to allow concealed carry of guns

http://news.yahoo.com/illinois-house-votes-allow-carrying-concealed-guns-182937243.html

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Traveling for work? Why don't they just 3d Print a cinder block in the location where you are supposed to be? Put a bow tie on it, play an accordion, move it around, and we're all good, no? :)

This scenario - as has been pointed out roughly 9 mm times - is largely irrelevant to pretty much every single gun violence victim ever and the prevention thereof - to the extent where most of us just think of you and your fellow 3Dorks as somebody for whom the "I'm with stupid" t-shirt transcends irony and absurdity into some form of Ionesco-ish performance art consisting of 8 mm footage of a farting llama filling out a name-change petition in spanish.

The funny part is - it owuld be great if this did happen - to see the gun lobby go the way of the record companies due to a wave of DIY piracy would go a long way to weakening its deadly cash-fueled campaign of violence promotion - as future dead-end nutjobs like yourself would be less likely to be created and fostered (and eventually die out, possibly due to shooting your own face off, as gun nuts liek yourself are many times more likely to do than the rest of us, statistically speaking.

Huzza, the future arrives! :)

9. Svpernaut

Yup, I'm a nutjob... who doesn't know what he's talking about. Oh wait, I've been proven right again just a few months later.

http://mashable.com/2013/08/06/update-3d-printed-rifle/

<iframe src="http://embed.newsinc.com/Single/iframe.html?WID=1&VID=24951282&freewheel=69016&sitesection=breitbart_nws_pol_sty_vmppap&width=540&height=405" height="405" width="540" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0"></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dKsJe11itb4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Incoming calls for 3D printing bans from ignorant politicians in 3... 2... 1...

#389 Svpernaut, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Since you've been proven right, and the 3D printing firearm moment hath arrived - you won't care too much if we pass new firearms legislation right? It doesn't really matter as you ahve told us - and the FUTURE is here. So f-k colt, winchester, etc - they are all doomed zombie corporations. Hope you're shorting their stock brah-daddy.

11. Ashes

Ashes Member

All this thread has done is make me want a 3D printer to make cool stuff.

12. Ashes

Ashes Member

I mean, no one else here thinks it's pretty damn cool people have made a working firearm out of plastic? Just from a technological standpoint, that's awesome.

13. Svpernaut

Sure, we might as well give up free speech too because we have the internet. :rolleyes:

Exactly. My 3D printer is a few weeks away, hopefully.

14. Svpernaut

Well, the first 3D printed metal gun has arrived - a replica of a 1911. A 1911 is one of the more complex handguns they could have made. If they would have gone with a polymer type gun like most Glocks the construction would have been much easier. However, to show off the capabilities of their engineering and of the 3D printing, they made a 1911.

This is the first legitimate gun. Many more will follow. The printer used was about $500,000 but in less than a few years it will be 1/100th of that.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7ZYKMBDm4M[/youtube]

http://techcrunch.com/2013/11/07/3d-printed-gun/?ncid=fb

15. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

16. Svpernaut

17. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Are you making Christmas ornaments? Cool, merry Christmas.

18. Svpernaut

19. Newlin

Newlin Member

Is your name Cody Wilson?