1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. rocketteen

rocketteen Member

Old man Gene came off like there was a ton in this game and then seeing Clutch's headline makes me curious just how many flops did they get away with....Anyone wanna take a guess?

2. red

red Contributing Member

3. Houstone

Houstone Member

Steve should of done this too Flopton..

[​IMG]

4. RocketKid

RocketKid Member

Hey who is that punching Kobe? :D

Gotta add him to my favorite player list............

5. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

chris childs...from what I remember it wasn't much of a punch.

6. IVFL

IVFL Member

Okay I have to get this off my chest. I dont care if the Jazz flop, thats a lame lame excuse for a team to lose. they are a bunch of flopers. there is more substance to the Jazz's game than john and Karl flopping, how did they score 100 points? Last time I checked you dont get points for floping. I hate the Jazz and everything, but there comes a point where you have to admit a team outplayed us.

I often wish *shudder* the Rockets played as smart as the jazz, we would have a great team. the Jazz play as a team thats why the retierment home beat us tonight. they set good screens, have good movement and distribute the ball well. the Roxs play like a buch of playground ballers. It shows on the scoreboard and in our win loss column. I hate to be negative and I hate having to compare the Jazz to the Roxs but its the truth.:(

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Good points IVFL. Effective flopping indicates smarts. Great defensive players utilize the flop when they need to -- Rodman and Pippen are prime examples. Rodman was the biggest flopper in the history of the league. If the refs go for it, it's smart play, flat out.

What's irritating are teams and fans whose teams have been consistently beaten by smart play over the years constantly whine about being the victims of 'dirty play'.

8. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I don't know about the rest of the folks here, but the flopping to me, has nothing to do with dirty play. The dirty play comes from Malone and his cheapshot antics, not the flopping.

The flopping is just irritating. :)

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

If it's not a foul, it's not dirty.

10. Bookit

Bookit Member

What I don't get is how the refs buy into all that flopping BS. I am not talking about all the legitimate charges taken by the Jazz. I am talking about how a ref buys into Karl Malone being knocked to the floor like he weighs 150 pounds! I just flipped over to the Rockets game (I'm a Mavs fan) to see who was winning. I wasn't watching the game for 30 seconds when Karl was "thrown" to the floor like he was hit by a truck! Offensive foul. I was so disgusted I changed the channel.:mad:

11. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

If it's not called, it's not a foul. It can however, be dirty whether called or not.

A referee's whistle does not dictate what is and isn't ethical and "dirty." If they see it, they call it (sometimes).

12. djones

djones Member

The problem is not the flops. The problem is the REFS giving them calls. I don't know why its like that but, they have been getting those calls for years. I am sure that every team has the same complaint about playing in Utah, but it continues to happen.
    I agree that flops don't equal points, but when a foul is called it changes things. Players tend to play differently for fear of a "touch" foul being called. It can get a key player in foul trouble, leading to him seating on the bench instead of scoring the needed points. It also leads to free thows, which is points. So altough it may not be points directly, look what it leads to. Its not an excuse for loosing, but it is a factor!

13. red

red Contributing Member

12 flops in a game=12 more times a foul is called on a rocket=12 more times the jazz have the ball=12 more times to score=12 more reason why the utah jazz suck...

14. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

First of all, the Rockets shouldn't have made the game so close to the point where the refs could decide the game. Now on to my point.

The Rocks were still in the game down the stretch and might've had a better chance to win when that bull$#it call on Kenny was made. When I first saw it I got excited because we would have got to the line and made it very close, but what happens. Foul on Kenny. WTF is that?

For those unable to see the game here's the scenario- Kenny is going for a rebound and malone pushes him down. KT falls first in the direction of the push's momentum. Shortly thereafter malone falls as well. Obvious call, right? Nope. malone gets 2 free throws and the game's sealed. So I guess flopping does equal points. :rolleyes:

I'm not complaining about flops during the game and there were many. I'm pissed about the bad calls with the game on the line. Like I said, The Rockets shouldn't have been in that position in the first place, but the calls did affect the game.

15. Bookit

Bookit Member

The Rockets shouldn't have been in that position in the first place, but the calls did affect the game.

The Jazz shouldn't have been in that position either but their flops got them the W.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hey....we can flop too...Cato is pretty good at it.

Whatever it takes to win....that is all ......

DaDakota

17. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

In Cato's defense, he does get charged and doesn't fly into the crowd.