1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

New episode of Re:Zero:

Am I the only one who from day1 knew it had to be the dog that put the curse on him? You get bitten by that darn dog every time and don't for once think that he was the culprit? And you don't even try to have one re-run without the dog biting you? Breh really lacks in the brain department.

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Erased and Re:Zero are the two best anime of this year for me.

Quality shows.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Excited to check out zero based on the comments. And I started watching SAO and really like it. Didn't really care the first time around

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Loved SAO. A lot of people were b**ching about SAO:II, but I loved both and definitely recommend to watch em.

5. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Yea I really like the MC, that is usually what bugs me about animes.

Haven't checked out last night's zero still but the Sokuru bugs me because he is just so damn so slow and acts like such a b****. The maid kills you brutally like 10x and you tell her you "love her" and jump off a cliff to go a save her? :confused:

6. mikus

mikus Member

I didn't mind his approach in the latest episode, he thought it was a person and he made sure every person touched him in a different spot, and then for completeness he let the dog bite him. Since he believed Beatrice could cure him, then that's the logical approach to get the culprit in one try.

I did guess it was the dog though. Do you think he's dead, or will Rem be able to cast a healing spell on him? I think Rem can probably keep him alive until they get back to the mansion.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Think he survived.

8. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

brehs, I knew we were brehs for a reason.

9. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I honestly never understood why SAO got so much ****.

Because it was popular I guess? It had a nice story and cool characters. To me it really jump started the trapped in an MMO anime phase that's going on now.

Also as far as RE: Zero I didn't figure it out till the most recent episode, haha. Should be just a few more episode for that one. I'd love to see a sequel series of him being a new situation down the line.

10. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

There's 25 episodes. The season is not even half way through.

11. mikus

mikus Member

I think people were disappointed in the SAO payoffs. During it's buildup especially in the 1st arc, it wrote checks that it ultimately couldn't cash. When Kirito was helping out that low-level guild, and ultimately what happened to them, that was some good ****, but it couldn't keep up that level of intensity for the whole arc. The 2nd half of season 1 was the classic locked damsel story and the elf avatars looked kinda weak. The first part of SAO II brought some excitement back, but ultimately that payoff was a bit weak too, IMHO. Personally, I didn't finish Season 2, because fool me twice, etc.

For this type of show, I prefer Log Horizon's more cerebral approach. I know LH bores many people that want to see more action but I like the central mystery and how the main characters have gone about trying to work their way through it. That's why I think Re: Zero is my favorite this season. Anyways, it's all a matter of personal taste *shrug*.

I do trust you guys for recommendations though, I wouldn't have watched Food Wars, Erased, AKame Ga Kill, or a bunch of other recent shows that I really liked without recommendations from here.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

SAO was good for 15 episodes then fell off a cliff after Kirito left the hospital.

13. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Really?! :eek: Awesome I thought it was only getting the 12-13 episode treatment

14. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I liked LH as well.

Also loved Gate. Its not a trapped in a game anime but its along the same lines of modern individuals interacting with a fantasy world.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Feel like LH only got hyped up because people wanted to find an alternative to SAO and talk more sh** about it. I liked season 1 of LH, but season 2 got incredibly stupid and annoying (that idol character with the pink hair and hat uurghhh). They could've done so much more with the initial plot and politics, but it turned into incoherentincoherent and childish crap.

16. joesr

joesr Member

If you like the gaming style ones, try Accel World and No Game No Life, DRAMatical Murder and ofcourse the beginning of them all .hack (dot hack)

If you like Gate, try Hai to Gensou no Grimgar.

If you like Erased, try Steins Gate and Future Diary.

Sports? Haikyuu!

17. joesr

joesr Member

Deadman Wonderland. Awesome anime leaving you wanting more but not gonna get it.

18. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Theories behind this black goku?

And LMAO at the racist sounding sub. " Watch out for the black!" "Damn that black b*stard!"

They need to do a better job with that :eek:

19. mikus

mikus Member

I have watched No Game No Life, .hack, and Haikyuu. I'll look into the other ones here.

20. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Aw man I was the same way. I love the look of Black Goku but that episode title made me shake my damn head! Lol

Only idea I have is maybe a wish with the Namekian dragon balls gone wrong? I really have no clue l, but again I gotta say I like this Black Goku!