1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I am so ready for Kevin Love to leave Cleveland high and dry

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Feb 3, 2015.

1. what

what Member

Glad Kevin Love didn't sign a long term deal with Cavs. While Kyrie and Lebron are trying to Cuckhold Kevin Love.

If I were OKC, I'd be like: well give you serge and reggie jackson for love. Okc get a scoring big and Lebron gets a guy that doesn't need the ball to be effective.

Even though I'd be helping OKC. I just don't really want to see KD and Westbrook broken up as a duo and this team is fair and would help both sides.

Hopefully Love's relationship with Westbrook in UCLA would get him to commit to a long term deal.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

love in okc is probably worse then having ibaka. atleast ibaka is a rim protector but scoring wise they both shoot jumpers, while ibaka is more athletic.

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Love needs to step it up there is no excuse. Love has all the advantages to succeed right now he just looks overrated.

4. what

what Member

Except for the fact that they (lebron and kyrie) just want love to keep his ass out of the lane. One of the best low post scorers and they don't give a **** because it interferes with their hero-ball.

5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Love went 1-7 and scored 5 points last night.

After the game, Lebron told the reporters : " I think Kev is not confident after the shaky start and passed a lot of good shots, I expect he should take those shots."

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

is there another kevin love? because love does not have a post game that you can count on. he's always been a jump shooting 4

7. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Thank you. I was just about to post this.

8. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

The problem with Love in Cleveland is that the ball runs through Lebron and Kyrie Irving so Love gets relegated to being a spot up shooter.

It seems like Love would be in the same situation with OKC. The offense would run though Durant and Westbrook.

Not to say that Love wouldn't contribute in OKC, just like he contributes in Cleveland, but if Love wants to maximize his game then he has to go to a team that will allow the offense to run through him.

9. NotChandlerParsons

You'd trade Serge Ibaka for Kevin Love? They'd be even worse than they are now. They aren't even a playoff team.

10. what

what Member

My basis for this is that I have more respect for Westbrook than I do for Kyrie. Westbrook is aggressive there is no doubt but he is also a team player when it counts. Kyrie is just an idiot with a basketball.

I also think that KD is more of a team player than Lebron is as well.

The thing I am pretty certain about is that Love will NOT resign with the Cavs, if he gets a better offer somewhere else. Love is in his prime and SHOULD be Zach Randolph-like, but that isn't how Lebron and Kryie (and David Blatt) see it.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Well Chris Bosh did warn him.

[rQUOTEr]Chris Bosh warns Kevin Love that playing with LeBron James can be frustrating

"Yeah, it's a lot more difficult taking a step back, because you're used to doing something a certain way and getting looks a certain way," Bosh told Bleacher Report recently. "And then it's like, well, no, for the benefit of the team, you have to get it here.

"So even if you do like the left block, the volume of the left block is going to be different. Now you have to make those moves count. So with me, it was like a chess game. I'm doing this move and thinking about the next move and trying to stay five moves ahead. You're not getting it as much. If you got one or two a game, it's a lot different."

You don't get your pick of the buffet.

"Exactly," Bosh said. "You just get your entree and that's it. It's like, wait a minute, I need my appetizer and my dessert and my drink, what are you doing? And my bread basket. What is going on? I'm hungry! It’s a lot different. But if you can get through it, good things can happen. But it never gets easy. Even up until my last year of doing it, it never gets easier."

"It's going to be very difficult for him," Bosh said of Love's new task. "Even if I was in his corner and I was able to tell him what to expect and what to do, it still doesn't make any difference. You still have to go through things, you still have to figure out things on your own. It's extremely difficult and extremely frustrating. He's going to have to deal with that."[/rQUOTEr]

12. BuckeyeRocketFan

BuckeyeRocketFan Contributing Member

I was still take love on rockets in a heartbeat. I think he is a better fit with us than with CLE or OKC. Too bad we don't have chips to get him.

13. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I bet what watches a lot of cuckold p*rn

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This is highly underestimating the importantance of Ibaka to OKC. Without him, there would be ZERO interior defense, and you'd see OKC giving up lay-ups and dunks like they're going out of style.

An idiot with a basketball?? I'd say there are PLENTY of people (Durant included) who think that about Westbrook......not Kyrie.

15. what

what Member

Lol, Serge is FAR FAR from the anchor of that defense. Nick Collison, Kendrick Perkins and Steven Adams, anchor that defense.

The grizzlies LOVE IT when ibaka plays zach straight up. In short, Collison, Adams and Perkins due the dirty work and Ibaka cleans up the mess.

Ibaka is not a one man wrecking crew, he is an athletic shot blocker, is all.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

nick collison anchor of a defense? thats terrible

and how can adams and perkins be an anchor of their defense when they can't even play more than half a game.

17. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Are you crazy? Why the hell would the Thunder give up Serge for Love? They already have two guys who are capable of scoring 30 a night, Love would do absolutely nothing for them. Their problem isn't scoring, it's coaching. Ibaka is one of the most unique players in the NBA, he's a stretch 4 who can block shots as well as anyone in the league and can also make 3s at a 40% clip, why would they give him up for anyone not named LeBron or Davis? (there are definitely more than two players that are better than him, but no one else would fit the team as well)

You don't have to be a great one on one post defender to be a defensive anchor, he's a rim-protector he challenges everyone who comes into the paint, that's way more valuable than being able to guard 1 player in the post (especially in today's NBA).

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Love doesn't play defense. I can't believe there was a point in time I put him next to Blake Griffin. Love is a mediocre player that we were all enamored with because he was posting good stats on a bad team.

19. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

To be fair, for a while, Blake played no defense either.

20. what

what Member

And Kyrie plays defense?

I don't think I hate a player MORE than I hate Kyrie Irving, so yeah, I might not have the best perspective on this. But Lebron and Kyrie (especially Kyrie) aren't going to attract free agents to make THEM (and when I say them I mean Kyrie) superstars. It's a joke.