1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Western Conference Playoffs - 1st round] (3)LA Clippers vs. (6)San Antonio

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 15, 2015.

?

(3)LA Clippers vs. (6)San Antonio

Poll closed Apr 18, 2015.
  1. Clippers in 4

0.6%
  2. Clippers in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Clippers in 6

6.1%
  4. Clippers in 7

14.4%
  5. Spurs in 7

26.7%
  6. Spurs in 6

44.4%
  7. Spurs in 5

6.1%
  8. Spurs in 4

1.7%
  1. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Yeah can't remember when exactly but we had almost a week off and laid an egg the following game, but getting rest for Dwight is good also. Players like Josh get sloppy though without a rhythm to their schedule.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Every game we play deteriorates Dwight even further.
    God forbid a freak injury happens as well.

It won't kill us to finish this series in 5 games or 6 games instead, but why take that chance?

I do agree though. Rest is important, but there is a critical point where additional days of rest just kill your rhythm without any additional benefit.

3. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Why? Clippers have a good shooter and playmaker in Paul and an athletic, workhorse PF in Griffin. Those are literally are only weaknesses.

Spurs have Tony Parker who I wouldn't mind SO much with Prigioni guarding him on the jumpshots and letting Dwight take care of his driving lanes. Parker isn't known for stretching the court with his 3 either.

And Duncan...great as he is...won't be very effective with athletic bigs like Josh Smith, Jones, and Howard playing playoff ball. The key isn't to completely stop Duncan's offense but prevent him from cleaning up boards with Splitter or Diaw. Howard and Smith can do that easier than against Griffin who just snagged 19 boards against them.

Let's all hope for the Spurs

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'll take the rest. Could you imagine giving Dwight an extra week off if the Rockets win tonight and the other series goes 7? Actually, over a week. The next round would start no earlier than a week from tomorrow.

Look at how unbelievable Dwight's been in this series thanks to the 2 months of rest and rehab and not playing any B2B's down the stretch. I want that Dwight against the Clippers or Spurs. And don't forget, we're relying on two 37 year-old PG's to go up against either Paul or Parker. Get them some time off as well.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Can Bev just amputate his wrist and come back?
    Ugh.

Not looking forward to CP3 and Tony Parker destroying the living **** out of Terry and Prigs. I mean if Barea can get past our PG duo every single time imagine what TP and CP can do.

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I like it when the Spurs at least have to play a full game. Don't let them get away with that resting old guys crap. Even if they win, make them play a full game. Notice that the absolute second that the game is out of reach, their old guys are on the bench for good.

7. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I can't be the only one who wants the Spurs to lose simply because I don't want them to have a shot of them doing what we did in 95?

8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Mentioned this after game 1.

Even after the beat down the Clippers took at game 3, they should up by 3-1 now if they had not shoot themselves on the feet.

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Look. Neither opponent is gonna be easy. But the Spurs are a deeper team, have a better coach, are the defending champs, and beat us 3 out of 4 times. And BTW, that lone win was when Pop rested almost his entire starting lineup.

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Pop loves to hack the Rockets, and the Rox at least have 3 targets he will do this nonstop.

Dwight, Josh and Capela.

He will try eveything to take the ball out of Harden's hands.

Docs will be hesitate to do this not only he got Jordon, whose even worse than the 3 of the Rox above, but more importantly, his bench is short, he can't afford so much fouls.

And because his bench is short, and when the Rox will run up and down, they are not easy to survive the high pace game we will like to play.

If I have a choice, I will slightly prefer the Clippers, but not by much, they both will be tough to beat.

11. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

worry about everybody else later..**** the spurs. I hope they lose every single game.

1 person likes this.
  12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

keep in mind that the Rox lost those last two primarily because we were limiting Howard to just 20 mpg. We lost because we were out-rebounded. We are a much different team with a Playoff Howard AND NO DORSEY!!

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Not talking about second round because rockets still have ONE MORE GAME, but yep.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure looks like that. Darn, this is the exciting first round matchup that the thread 'where did those exciting 1st round series go?' talking about

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Spurs in Game 5, series tied 2-2, during Duncovich era. Some of the better and worst moments in franchise history. <a href="http://t.co/VNnTNpDmTc">pic.twitter.com/VNnTNpDmTc</a></p>&mdash; Dan McCarney (@danmccarneySAEN) <a href="https://twitter.com/danmccarneySAEN/status/592700074746077184">April 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

You are aware the Spurs also had a double digit lead in the 4th in game 2 right?

These 2 teams are very even. It's anyone's ball game.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is going to be the best series in Round 1.

18. ln3012

ln3012 Member

easily. the rest are all 4-5 game series

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Matt Barnes had an ice pack on his sore right shoulder. Blake Griffin has a stinger in right shoulder But both will play in Game 5 vs. Spurs</p>&mdash; Mark Medina (@MarkG_Medina) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/592786206905245697">April 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. i3artow i3aller

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nvKhIofSfH4?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>