1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm proud of our gm Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jul 4, 2014.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm still proud of Morey and love him.

He got us a team of Howard, Harden, Parsons, Jones and Beverley, he was inches away from adding Bosh to that team. I don't blame missing Bosh on Morey, Bosh just made a weird decision to play for the worse team, it was a risk that was well, well worth taking on Morey's part... we just had bad luck on the deal.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Great job Morey.

He may have made a mistake letting that ingrate Parsons off a year earlier but good job he didn't match that voerpaid contract for a role player at best. Players like Parsons are a dime a dozen. He is overrated on CF and his stats are mainly due to the attention Howard and Harden demand.

Parsons talks big and then fails - 100% best SF in the series and then gets his clock cleaned by Batum

3. alX

alX Member

:eek::rolleyes::mad: there are no words. just sifting through the rubble.
    i

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

For the first time, I am seriously doubting Morey's abilities as a GM. I'm not doubting his skills in talent evaluation or acquisition, but I truly believe he doesn't have what it takes in the executive department; he will never have what Pat Riley, Mark Cuban or Phil Jackson have. Instead, we should elevate Mchale and his rings to President and serve as a figure head while hiring a new HC.

5. Entropy

Entropy Member

Yeah, that was probably the difference maker in Morey's mind. Can Parsons defend Aldridge or Batum in the playoffs? No, ok you're not worth the money then.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

he handles the business side damn well, but the basketball side...not so much. Its pretty obvious which one is more important to a basketball team (otherwise we would just hire a CEO).

Also, lots of truff bombs in this thread too..props to everybody who stuck to their guns despite the Morey Cult flaming away.

7. TheresTheDagger

I wouldn't say I'm a Morey basher...but I'm certainly no longer a supporter.

Actually, at this point....I'm considering not watching any of the NBA in its current state. It used to be about guys losing, getting better, coming back stronger and great players sticking with their teams.

Now its all about how much money they can make and what glamor city do you want to live in. The basketball has become secondary.

8. Entropy

Entropy Member

"It's all a business" has become too ingrained in the culture. Or maybe it was always like that and we only know about it now because of the increased media awareness. I dont know, I just now as a fan that its not as fun to watch as it used to be.

9. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

I want to stay positive but, there is no way to put that into words right now.

I'll give more a few more days. There has gotta be a 5th-6th option plan!

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

all you haters can go swim in the bayou

Morey is still working non stop, off season, on season,

he works like Big Daddy Kane

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/b8C081h2jD0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. archinkent

archinkent Member

I support his move on not matching Parsons, but besides that nothing great from him so far this off season.

12. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Have been on holiday for the last 12 days without Internet and come back to find this. Wow

13. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Working hard to get my fill,
    Everybody wants a thrill
    Payin' anything to roll the dice
    Just one more time

Some will win, some will lose
    Some were born to sing the blues
    Oh, the movie never ends
    It goes on and on and on and on

14. vince

vince Member

Morey help build some good talented squads, even after the Yao and Mcgrady era. But Morey kept saying that the NBA is a star driven league so Morey went hard after Bosh in 2010.

Morey has his stars now. All has has to do is recreate the Morey magic of finding talent under rocks.

He has financial leverage to pick whom he thinks fits.

No albatross contracts. Which is a welcomed relief i am sure.

15. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

You no doubt read in the Chron how Foster said people forget it's a business.
    No, sir, YOU forget it's a business.

Morey just operates as such, and people get down on him about "people skills". These players get paid millions to play basketball, not because we like them as people. That's a bonus Houstonians enjoy.

Enjoy the ride guys, it won't last forever.

16. FearTheBeardJH

Morey - 7 years, three 1st round exits, three 14th draft picks

And he is getting praised. I'd rather have Matt Schaub as my QB than Morey as my GM, better chance to avoid mediocrity.

17. RESINator

RESINator Member

Tinman has your opinion changed?

18. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Lololololololo

This is ****ing ridiculous.

19. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Tinnyman is a dumbass

20. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member