1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

NY Knicks with a 90% chance for #1 pick

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by SooneRockStro, May 19, 2009.

1. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

I mean really, it's almost a lock. Stern needs to turn NY around. Maybe Griffin could help out.

2. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Sure, just like when they had 90% at the #1 pick when Yao was supposed to turn around the Knicks or the next year when the league fixed the draft to put Lebron in NY.

3. worzel gummidge

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The Magic have won the lotto 3 times.

The Spurs, Nets, 76ers, Bucks, Clippers, & Bulls have won twice.

The Knicks won once, and that was 24 years ago when there was a 1:7 chance.

I doubt its fixed to benefit the Knicks.

5. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Lotto won't be fixed, one of the couple times I felt it had to be fixed was back in 2007.

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

Let's see. Houston got Yao. Cleveland got Lebron. SA got Duncan. Magic got Shaq/DH...

If anything, it's like the basketball lottery gods are spiting the big market teams by screwing them out of high picks. i.e. Duncan draft + Boston.

7. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Griffin goes to LA. The 2nd largest market, while NY gets screwed for messing up for so many years.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Too bad the Clippers won it. What a waste.

9. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I would think that letting OKC win for Blake Griffin just one year after Chicago got paired with hometown guy Derrick Rose would've been way too obvious.