1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Francis VS Stephon Marbury

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mexican_Moose, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Mexican_Moose

Mexican_Moose Member

Who do u think is better, Francis, or Marbury?

2. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Francis, but Marbury got experiance and Age over Francis

3. Mexican_Moose

Mexican_Moose Member

Yeah, i thought that too, and Francis is more athletic than Marbury, but Marbury can see the floor better and make better passes, but overall i think Francis is better

-It's all good!

4. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

Marbury is the better player by a small margin. True, he has more experience but he is only 1 DAY older than SF.

Lets put it this way:

If Marbury was playing here and SF was in Phoenix - we make the playoffs and they don't. He sees the floor better and gets his teamates involved more. SF has more athletic ability but it is negated by the stupid decisions he makes with the rock.

Just my 0.02

5. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Marbury is better right now. But I think Steve will have the better career when its all said and done.

6. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Steve has more talent, but Marbury is just as good if not better right now. But I don't buy the whole Marbury is a better playmaker, sure he got more assist but the reason I put Marbury over Steve right now is that Marbury knows Phoneix is his team while Steve is in between into giving into the pressure and hand the reins to Yao and being the man himself.

In short, Marbury has confidence in his game when putting up a questionable shot or throwing a risky pass, but he actually believes in himself and leads the team with that confidence. I saw that in Steve in his second year, but after the injury season, and the bashing in Yao's first year and now, it seems that Steve lost his "edge" in his game needed to be the leader.

7. bhanchod

bhanchod Member

I am a rockets fan however I am a huge MArbury fan (dont shoot me please) i do have to say that marbury's number in NJ and Minnesota were much better than francis' tenure with one team. I mean to say that the career stats for a POINT guard show Marbury is better, Now if Steve were to move to SG like a lot of us think he should then we need to compare him to a SG, but for now he is a point guard and he loses the battle against Marbury.

But
    ITS ALL GOOD

so please dont fry me

8. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Y u MOTHER F*********

;) Im just playin its all good

9. Just B

Just B Member

BANG!!:p

But for real, Marbury is my absolute LEAST favorite player in the league, but I'm not blinded by my hate.

Marbury, as a point guard, is better than Steve. However, in a game of 1 on 1 I'd give the edge to Franchise (just cause he's more athletic)

10. derrock

derrock Contributing Member

In a 1 on 1 match, I think Francis could give Kobe a good game. Problem is, the NBA isn't about going 1 on 1 and I think Francis is only starting to realize that.

11. James23

James23 Member

marbury is too selfish. if he were with the rockets, he would cry and demand a trade.

francis is a better penetrator & finisher while marbury is a better shooter and passer. both aren't PG. the reason why they are PG is because both are short and can dribble.

12. zhaozhilong

zhaozhilong Member

That's an interesting thought. Hmm...

13. RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3 Member

I think Francis is more athletic (and of course a better rebounder, but they sort of go hand-in-hand), and honestly I think Francis can do more good for a team than Marbury can. Take the 00-01 and 01-02 (before the injuries) for example, and last year in... the first few games. Then take into account Marbury's first season with the Suns.

Which brings up something... I'm still wondering what happened to the unstoppable NBA's Top 5 Player it looked like Francis was developing into. In 01-02, whenever he played without a migraine, Francis simply shot the lights out - every damned time, and just played incredibly well overall. In 02-03, he started the season absolutely on fire.

It looked like he not only wanted to, but had the ability to carry this team on his shoulders.

Then he cooled off...

... I think maybe he's going to show us something special this year... :D

14. idlel

idlel Member

Don't be blind by your hatrid, rox fans. Let's be honest. Right now I think Marbury is playing way better than Francis although steve has better ahletics. Period.

15. shawn786

shawn786 Member

3 years from now steve, BUT today marbury without a doubt

16. Mexican_Moose

Mexican_Moose Member

i agree with all of u guys, in that Marbury knows that hes the leader of the Spurs, and Steve just doesnt know yet. I also agree that Marbury is better than Steve right now, but Steve will get better than him in about 2 years.

17. Life2Def

Life2Def Member

Too me they're about the same but I'll say Marbury is a little bit more quicker than Steve but Steve holds the athletic advantage over Stephon though. both are Selfish and want it done their way.

18. Darrinlane

Darrinlane Member

Spurs? Ugghhhhhh........................What does Steve not know? That he is the true leader of the Spurs

Just messing with you. We all make mistakes.

19. kryten128

kryten128 Member

Wow, overwhelming advantage to Marbury as the better point guard/playmaker. :eek:

I'm really surprised. What happened to the homecourt advantage? Isn't this a Houston Rockets fan site??? :mad:

Shame on you all!!! Traitors!!! :D

20. Darrinlane

Darrinlane Member

Most of the people that have posted in this thread don't even know what college Olajuwan attended....see my earlier post. Very low basketball I.Q in the general vacinity.