1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA League Pass Survey

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Amel, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I got one in the email, should have taken some screenshots, but seems like they will experiment with the subscription program and prices

They had options to subscribe per game, monthly basis, per team. Streaming, summer league, classics etc were options too

The prices they had in the survey seem very good, there were many options so I selected everytime the cheapest ones. Lets hope they figure this out and we have better options next year

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I got one too! They had no local blackout options and ad-free options as well. I really hope they head in that direction. It could be amazing.

3. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I still don't get why they don't stream every game free.

They'd make a killing on the extra viewers which lead directly to more ad revenue.

I'm sure they've crunched the numbers and know more than me, it just seems like more eyes = more money = stronger sports brand is better than charging to be able to watch every game, and a lot of people not doing that and finding other streaming sites.

4. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I love league pass! Has been a great season; however, the rockets have a lot of national tv games which of course are not viable via league pass - only the replays.

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

That's a Pandora's box of sorts. Once they go free, they can't go back to paid, ever. Also, there's probably heavy pressure from other sports not to consistently offer such an option. Isn't the NFL doing a free stream of a London game next year?

6. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

BOOOM

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/06/16/league-pass-to-include-single-game-and-team-offerings/

NBA LEAGUE PASS, the out-of-market live game service, will tip off the 2015-16 NBA season by providing fans with the opportunity to purchase single games and individual team packages.

The single game offering will allow fans to select individual NBA LEAGUE PASS live games on a given day during the regular season. The individual team package, available for all 30 NBA teams, will give fans the option to follow one team through the regular season.

Along with the new packages, NBA LEAGUE PASS will continue to offer its traditional, comprehensive full season package, which provides access to nearly 1,000 live out-of-market games and a rich archive of NBA content.

These new offerings will be made available during the 2015-16 season by NBA Digital to broadband and mobile subscribers on iOS and Android devices. Details on where else these new offerings may be purchased, and information regarding 2015-16 pricing for all NBA LEAGUE PASS packages, will be announced in mid-July.

7. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NBA announces League Pass pricing next season. League Pass: $199.99 - Team Pass: $119.99 - Single Game: $6.99.</p>&mdash; NBA Legion (@MySportsLegion) <a href="https://twitter.com/MySportsLegion/status/623884303630499841">July 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This probably isn't the place to ask, but I need the input of other Austin Clutchfans:

Will we be blacked out from League Pass this year now that U-Verse is carrying Root Sports SW? Time Warner still isn't carrying the channel and probably won't, but will its presence on U-Verse blackout Rockets games on League Pass? This sucks because U-Verse isn't offered in my part of town and prevent me from giving my money to the NBA.

I'll just get Ballstreams if that is the case.

9. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

That's a bummer but if you're willing to go Ballstreams you could also consider getting international league pass through VPN. Both methods are in the moral gray area, but an international league pass has no blackouts anywhere and is cheaper than ballstreams.

Ballstreams on the other hand does give you access to playoff games but I've had some lag issues with ballstreams during playoffs in the past. All playoff games are on major cable channels anyways if you do have cable.

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Definitely getting team pass, hopefully I can always watch the Rockets feed.

11. thejav

thejav Member

$7 a game!! Lmao..ill stick with ballstreams..

12. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's less of a moral gray area for me if I've paid for your product in the past, wish to continue paying for it, but you block me out of it because of a technicality.

Cable operators have near-monopolies in certain parts of towns and I live in a Time Warner zone. Time Warner doesn't offer a channel that, because it exists on a competitor that won't sell me its product, prevents me from using League Pass to watch my out-of-market favorite team.

13. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

I have a VPN account and this is good for watching blacked out games on your phone, tablet, or computer. Your can also do it on a ROKU/Apple/etc put you have to direct all your traffic on your access point through the VPN as ROKU/Apple/etc won't easily set up with VPN. You will have to get a good VPN provider. Its not an extra cost for me because I use it anyways for security reason. They are $3 - $15 a month. You need to select an area that isn't blacked out. I usually VPN into the East Coast put if you VPN into a New York location and are watching a Knicks game, well you know what happens. Also, I think it makes distinction between US and International so its not as easy as logging into a London because then your NBA League Pass login will fail.

I don't know how ballstream gets away with it but they really are the best choice and have no blackouts, they haven't been shutdown yet. They even do NCAA games so if you cut the cord already, this is really appealing.

Ballstream seems to be great for live streaming put people complain that the on demand is a bit slow. For low bit rates Ballstream doesn't seem to throttle as well as NBA League Pass.

1 person likes this.
  14. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Does the new TV deal make any changes to blackout restrictions streaming local games?

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the product has improved vastly from a few years ago, but the tech and billing support is still as clueless as ever

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Do i still need a referral to get into ball streams for next season?

17. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

6.99 per game is a ripoff. 3.99 would be probably fair. I'll get the team option

18. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

geezus you guys have it easy, in Australia its like 320 odd AUD a season.

will defiantly buy it tho.

19. abaker28

abaker28 Member

That's why you change your IP address to Brazil or another country.
    Paid around $150 AUS for the season pass (not the premium one) although I think I'll go the premium for next season.
    And no blackouts like in the US. Although a bit more difficult to get to NBA games with none in our area here in Aus.

20. TheresTheDagger

I wonder if they will allow us to purchase games on NBA TV for those of us who don't get it on our local cable? (%^Q#@$#$ Charter!)

Or better yet, put NBA TV as a channel available on League Pass. Screw the cable outlets.