1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Houston Press] Houston Rockets to lower ticket price next season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Arash713, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Arash713

Arash713 Member

Lock if already posted

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/ballz/2009/03/houston_rockets_to_lower_ticke.php

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The problem is you can get freakin awesome seats at the astros for 40 bucks. 40 bucks at Rockets gets you upper bowl and upper bowl basketball is much worse than upper bowl baseball for seeing the action.

3. ibm

ibm Member

haven't been for quite some time. won't be going, either. only tv for me.

will only go on freebies. :cool:

pains me to lose thousands by the day.

4. Arash713

Arash713 Member

Toyota center is a joke. the only arena in the league that is louder during timeouts

5. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Say what you want (and your right for the most part), but the Toyota Center is unbelievable for the playoffs at the very least. It's a completely different arena.

6. yo

yo Contributing Member

Relatively speaking it's not. Of course every arena steps its game up during the playoffs. Compared to others it's still meh. You will still see scattered empty seats, and people leaving early NO MATTER WHAT (yes, even when it's still a close game with 5 minutes left.....)

7. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I agree upper bowl sucks for seeing the action. But man the atmosphere up there is like 1000000000X better.

Lower bowl is full of snobby business men and people who got free tickets from their boss, so they couldn't care less about the game.

I remember I sat like 7 rows up in the corner, during a game against Denver. I was seriously the ONLY one standing up and cheering. It was the most boring game I had ever been to, but also the closest I ever sat.

8. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

they didn't start leaving until we were down to 8 seconds tonight. :eek:

9. FFz

FFz Member

You know if u think about it... the rockets front office has really given up on this season. They really don't think we'll play well enough in the offseason to justify high season ticket prices...

10. Scientific1

Scientific1 Member

Yea a bad economy isn't the reason. Having the 3rd seed in the West right now just doesn't seem to cut it. :rolleyes:

11. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

the price was lower with the expectations for next year.

12. Friday

Friday Contributing Member

The Texans have raised ticket prices too - and parking in the blue lot .... and with a not so good team.

IMHO - The Rockets need to split up the club level somehow and get some real fans down there... or get rid of those incredible tv's, and incredibly hot chicks running around in there. :)

Just thinking out loud..

13. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

they wanna leave before they caught up with the traffic LOL.

14. FFz

FFz Member

I very much doubt they'd announce this before the post season even starts if they thought we had a chance of going deep into the playoffs and proving that the rockets will provide an exciting product next season.