1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith signs with Clippers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SportsWorld, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

This forum can't move on from Lin, it's gonna take a while for Smith.

2. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

Campaign Not Found
    We're sorry, but the campaign URL you entered cannot be found.
    MOST COMMON
    Nepal
    Medical
    Volunteer
    Emergencies
    Education
    Memorials
    Sports
    ALL CATEGORIES
    Animals
    Business
    Charity
    Community
    Competitions
    Creative
    Events
    Faith
    Family
    National News
    Newlyweds
    Other
    Travel
    Wishes
    Popular Now
    Near Me
    Almost There
    My Friends
    Trending campaigns near Houston, TX

3. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

YOU HIT ON THE HEAD.. and you do know your basketball... I agree with you 100%..

4. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

Trust me this guy was nothing but a Jeremy Lin type of player..

5. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Things fall through quickly in the NBA. This was a tough decision.

Troll me all you want. I apologize. Again, just an ear to the NBA realm.

Marcus Thornton will make you happy and that one was there all along. Called it with excitement. He can LIGHT it up!

TY was there as a fixable cancer. Morey pounced. The deal was higher,but I hope it works out.

D-Will was there...byt Ty had the better deal.

I'm out. Sorry I didn't know it all and had to protect my position.

...and we are not done.

Thanks, BimaThug, for calling it right before with the contract situation. Denver loved it.

Peace.

1 person likes this.
  6. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Thanks Codman. Any hint on the "not done" part? Thanks if you can!!! If not, thanks anyway!!!

7. koby1868

koby1868 Member

Again Thank you Codman. Interested to see what other moves we will make prior to the start of the season.

I'm a big fan of Marcus Thornton and I think we will enjoy his scoring off the bench. I can't believe the strength of the second unit in comparison to last years squad. We've upgraded and got younger by addition to positions in need of depth.

Projected Bench:
    PG: Patrick Beverly/ Jason Terry (Hopefully)
    SG: Marcus Thornton/KJ McDaniels
    SF: Corey Brewer/Sam Dekker
    PF: Terrence Jones/Montrez Harrell
    C: Clint Capela

Making the move for Lawson vs. Williams was a great move. While it would have been nice to fall back on a player like Williams, we needed Lawson. Finally a PG that can put our shooters in a position to score off the pass and rack up assists. Lawson will have a field day with our team the way it's assembled right now. I expect 10+ assists per game.

Barring injuries we are set up to play with any team in the league. If healthy last year that series against GS would have been much different. We could have won a couple of those games and with our starters I think it's a no brainer. People outside of this circle wouldn't agree with that but it's the truth.

Can't wait for the season to start.

8. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

I have to say this before the signing to the Clippers the only way the Rockets can go further then we did last year was to get RID of J Smith, and get a point guard.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Exactly , we have to get the ball out of Harden and JSmith's hands more often, they are too high turnover.

Harden is better when he has the ball a bit less and can focus on finishing....Smith, well, he and Dwight being so tight did not help the team dynamic.

If Lawson can stay sober - we are contenders now.

DD

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

getting back under the lux tax?

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Welcome to Clipper Nation Josh Smith!

<a href="http://t.co/JYRbh0JPzq">pic.twitter.com/JYRbh0JPzq</a></p>&mdash; LA Clippers (@LAClippers) <a href="https://twitter.com/LAClippers/status/650171506731802624">October 3, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I dont remember much of this from the Rockets-J.Smoove... :confused:

13. T4Buckets

T4Buckets Member

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4Q9xSAOsfQc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

15. Rokman

Rokman Member

I hope we don't see a lot of Josh Smith highlights all year. I'll be Pissed.

16. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

Nice dunk Smoove

17. OTMax

OTMax Member

Ah come on now, is this thread going to pop up every time Josh dunks? First off, it's a pre-season game. Secondly, we know he can dunk so this is nothing special. Thirdly, he was bricking shots more than he made. Fourthly, it's a pre-season game....against the NUGGETS!

18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

We are really thin in the Front court right now and I don't understand why everyone thinks we are better off without him until we have replaced him. He was awesome during the playoffs and his energy is exactly what we need coming off the bench.

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

When you get right down to it , they did replace him .... with Harrell.

They had DMo , TJones & Smith at the 4 spot last year .... this year they have DMo , TJones & Harrell and possibly on occasion Dekker.

I do agree they are a bit thin up front when you consider DMo is still not ready , not even running & how much time Jones missed last season - I'd like another quality player at that spot .... but this team couldn't retain Smith & have him playing significant minutes on a roster that includes Howard - Both of them shooting ~50% from the charity stripe. TJones & DMo are not a whole lot better at ~60%.

Sub 50% FT shooting , shooting a low % of 3's and a high rate of turnovers ..... He's a feast or famine guy and you aren't going to win a championship without consistency.

20. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Can't wait for the season to start!!