1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] 1995 WCF G6 Rockets vs Spurs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yao11, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Yao11

Yao11 Member

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ywvb4QihPz0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywvb4QihPz0

Figure every one could use some thing to watch.

3 people like this.
  2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Oh, what it was like to have a great team. And dominating center who carried this team.

3. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

That video made me almost cry. Wonderful memories. Unbelievable game. I hope Rockets can win another championship in the near future. Thanks for sharing that video with us.

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

Good stuff. Hakeem had alot of great moments, and this series was among his finest. He had that little tiny grin going -- enjoying himself. Too bad we could never get the Bulls in the Finals.

5. roswell raygun

One of my favorite games. Thanks for posting it.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I actually enjoyed Game 2 and Game 5 the most in that series.

Both of those games were crushing defeats for Spurs and Robinson fans.

7. SeabrookMiglla

wtf is trump doing working the camera? did he say he payed to film the game? -weirdo

8. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

They used to have this thing where they had celebrities behind the camera for a quick photo op. So at this game it was Trump.

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

After watching that I can easily recall the first reaction I had after witnessing that game the first time around, which was "man, this is so great, but what we really need is to change our uniforms to blue and add pinstripes. That would make this feeling I'm having right now that much sweeter". Amazingly enough Leslie shared my view to the last detail. Unbelievable.

10. sergio

sergio Member

The most amazing part of the game was there were no flops. Todays game is weak compared to the way it used to be played.

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Just surreal to see Doc Rivers playing basketball. :grin:
    Dude looks like he could just step on the sidelines and coach then.

12. AB423

AB423 Member

Robert Horry was a beast, wonder if we woulda won without him.

13. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

Bill Walton sucks. I liked him when I was 12 but what did I know? I was freaking 12!

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

What are you talking about? He was awesome! He used to say outlandish stuff on purpose and I used to get a kick out of it.

15. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

Haha, yeah, I see your point. I'm a Clyde fan for that very reason. I just thought it was absurd of him to say literally about 5 minutes into the video that Clyde was having a horrible game. Also how after the Rockets 1st make he says "That should have been the first play of the game, not wait till you're behind 4-nothing!!!OMGWTFBBQ!1!!!1!!" All this with only about a minute and a half gone by in the game and the score now 4-2.

It was also nice to see every play not brought to us by the new Kia Sportage or T-Mobile. Liked how the ball boys had Taco Cabana sponsored shirts; either that or they were employees let loose on the floor. Good times, folks, good times.

16. AB423

AB423 Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was bothered by that lol

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Couldn't find another thread to put this in. The second game against the Lakers was one of the most exciting games of last season. It was by far Jordan Hill's best game as a Rocket. Can't wait to see how he has improved over this summer. Also, i miss Ish Smith.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LJcQsXLk9zY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. KDavis

KDavis Contributing Member

Watched the whole game yesterday....Some things of note, or refreshing to my memory:

I miss Robert Horry and Sam, Robert had such a unique way of passing the ball. Especially the chest/zip pass of his. Charles Jones had a high motor for a 37 year old, he came in as a veteran defender and really helped us versus David Robinson and Shaq this year. He showed very good positional defense.

While Kenny Smith was a competent offensive threat, a clutch shot maker, and a great all around guy. Man he really Sucked on defense, I mean he was really bad. Avery and Doc and Vinny were getting into the lane with ease. Imagine if he didn't have the greatest shot blocker and help defender of this generation behind him anchoring the defense. How bad would he be then?

He was in essence out of the league 2 years after this series. Reduced to bouncing around to 4 teams in 96-97 at the tender age of 31.

He was the Anti-Rafer... and if I was on clutchfans at this time, i sure we would have heard alot of similar thoughts.

19. bloop

bloop Member

Doc and Avery Johnson both played in this game

20. Gertso

Gertso Member

I actually miss Rodman. There I said it.