1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Happy Thanksgiving Clutchfans!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dgn1, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

I'm going to fry a turkey again. Poked holes and stuffed season inside, rubbed down with terayaki and sitting since last night. Man I love Thanksgiving.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm oddly thankful the Rockets are doing poorly since I have no time to follow them right now I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

My dad passed away 1 week ago and he was always big into the holidays, so today is going to be tough. Hoping we are able to get through the day and have some laughter, like he would have wanted. Remember to let your family know how much they mean to you today, as we never know how much time we have left with them. Sorry for the downer post, have a happy thanksgiving all.

4 people like this.
  4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Besides the Rockets, what is everyone thankful for?

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Sorry to hear about that. The company of family definitely helps a lot when you share the grief and the memories.

Wishing happy holidays to you, your wife and your little girl.

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

We actually celebrated yesterday. I de-boned the turkey and it came out great.

Happy holidays!

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Sorry for your loss Harrisment! The loss of a family member is never easy and is even harder when it's close to a holiday! My deepest condolences to you and your family! I also hope that you and your family are able to find some peace and joy this thanksgiving while honoring your father reminiscing in memories of past holidays spent together. You will be in my prayers!

Have a happy thanksgiving everyone! I also encourage everyone to tell your loved ones how special they are and how grateful your are to have them!

8. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Not a downer but an inspirational post, set me straight as I had a few mental hang ups this morning that I'm definitely letting go now. Thanks and prayers sent to all for a happy holiday!

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Very sorry to hear about your loss and you're right we don't know how much time we have with our friends and family so we should treasure every moment.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Sorry for your loss brother! Deepest condolences.

Hope you had a good day and di the things your dad would have done on this day.