1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

how come nobody is talking about Lowry walking out?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr Chuck Norris, May 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If Harden does that...this place goes utterly nuclear. Guaranteed.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

No not really. It would be the exact opposite. A man willing to show that he needs to step out and get some air in order to do what is best for the team without the perception of it is a real leader.

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Like I said, it was only an issue because they were losing. Once they lose this series it will be an issue again. Especially if he goes back to shooting like crap. I see Lowry as more of a co leader, he certainly didn't carry them to this point but he does seem to show up when they really need him which is what a star should do.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If the locker room was a strip club, Harden would definitely go there to decompress every chance he had. :grin:

5. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Again, how do you call out Howard and not Harden? Harden is the very reason Dwight pouted, because he was a selfish ball hog. Bail out? The reason our team played so crappy is because we didn't play as a team...who do you think was more responsible for that, Dwight or Harden?

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

Taking a dump is not necessarily worth discussing unless you want to analyse the poop

7. hakeemthagreat

The difference in Harden & Lowry is Lowry plays hard regardless of if he's hitting his shots. He plays hard every possession. So him going to the back to decompress is understandable because we know he's going to give it 100%.

We can see Harden decompress every time his man goes by him

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It'd be just as dumb to freak out over something like this from Harden as it is to see people freaking out about Lowry doing it.

9. spark06

spark06 Member

So what you are saying is when things are good, they're good...and when they are bad, they're bad? WOW, what insightful analysis! And you are an absolute joke calling Lowry a co-leader. Second to whom? This team goes as Lowry goes. Of course, they need big performances from just about everybody, but Lowry sets the tone with his toughness and leadership. You say he's doing what a star should be doing, but he's not a leader. Lol. Ok enough with your backhanded compliments.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This post is a logical fail. You're arguing with yourself, lol. Keep trying you'll become a decent poster someday.

A few points:

-Lowry has had a bad playoffs save for a couple of good performances. He's not the reason they made it this far and that's the truth. Im a Lowry fan BTW and I wish he was in Houston, that doesn't stop me from telling the truth.

-Me saying with certainty that they will lose and when they lose the series, it will be a big deal again does not equate to - "When things are good they are good, when they are bad they are bad" - People could simply ignore the fact that he walked out during that game after they lose the series. Im saying they won't and it will always be talked about and people will question if is Lowry a leader, that's my opinion but it may not happen, who knows.

-Me calling Lowry a co-leader is not the same as calling him 2nd best player or number 2 on the team. I didn't say he was second to anyone I said he was the co leader. (Again bad playoff performances)

- I said he did what a star should do in a couple of games. He showed up when he should and I give him credit but they are going deep in the playoffs and in order to beat Cleveland he can't disappear he will have to show up for every game.

-I never said Lowry wasn't a leader.

-Lastly stop acting like a star who is shooting the worst percentage in league history in the playoffs is above reproach. He had two seasons where they lost in the first round. They were swept last year and he's shooting like **** this year. It's Ok to criticize him.

Like I said maybe you'll be a decent poster someday if you learn to get out of your own head, lol.

11. spark06

spark06 Member

So I'm guessing Kyle Lowry isn't the reason Toronto won tonight either? Lol. What a joke! Who cares what happened in the past? That means nothing at this point! Kyle Lowry is the clear cut leader for this team and he pulls through with yet ANOTHER brilliant performance. Stop living in the past and take your own advice and get out of your own head. They wouldn't be where they are without him and that's a fact. I could care less about percentages when his play is resulting in wins and he is experiencing the deepest playoff run of his career! There is nothing co-leader about him. Kyle is Batman and DeRozan is Robin.

12. spark06

spark06 Member

For people who think Lowry isn't the leader of the Raptors:

(Quote from Demar) "It's a cake walk for me once he gets going," DeRozan said. "It opens up everything for me on the floor. Teams try to focus in on him, and he knows when to get me going. He got the ball, he's our point guard, he's our leader of this team and he knows how to orchestrate what needs to be done out there."

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Like I said keep trying MAYBE you'll be a decent poster one day. First you need to stop arguing with yourself though. Arguing points that I never said only makes you look weak, like you are scrambling. In cases like that it's best not to reply at all. With each passing day your posts look sillier than the day before. Lowry is a CO LEADER. Maybe you don't know what that means? I guess? He's not a superstar he is a star though. He has put up the worst shooting percentage in the playoffs in 30 years.

Lowry was a no show for most of the playoffs I'm not sure how that shouts pure leader. He is a leader IMO, especially in the regular season but we are talking playoffs here. He is just not the only leader. Toronto wins more by committee than relying on superstar power. One day one guy has a big game another day someone else. Lowry as I said before will have to be more consistent in order to beat Cleveland. You really don't have to defend Lowry with me, again I would happily welcome him back to Houston. I'm a fan, that doesn't stop me from telling the truth about how he has played.

14. spark06

spark06 Member

For all those thousands of posts you have as a keyboard warrior, I sure expected better from you. I never called Kyle Lowry a superstar. I called him the leader of this team. So did DeRozan. Are you keeping up with me? Lol. You are so quick to bash Lowry for his past playoff performances and bad percentages, as if it means anything now, only to see him explode for 35 points in an elimination game while shooting 50% from the field as he is abandoned by his team. Oh of course you are just going to sweep the fact that he's led his team to the deepest playoff run in franchise history while playing without his starting center and getting atrocious production from just about everyone on the team? Lol. Kyle did the best he could with what he was given. You saying that he is not a leader because he has bad performances is just an absolute joke. Jason Terry was piss poor pathetic, but was known to be a HUGE veteran locker room presence and leader for the Houston Rockets. You don't always equate leadership to performance, but close-minded people like you may have a hard time understanding that the things a player can do for his team can sometimes go unmeasured. Kevin Garnett had a horrendous year and is one of the biggest leaders in the NBA. Think outside the box. The fact that an NBA team may have one or more leaders on a roster is irrelevant to the fact that Kyle Lowry is a leader.

15. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I guess being composed & fully prepared for 2.5 hours every 2 days is an unrealistic expectation.