1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do people on this forum just LIKE being awful/negative?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by a711, May 25, 2015.

1. a711

a711 Member

We've exceeded ALL reasonable expectations for this team with this season, especially once you consider the almost parody-level number of crucial injuries we had all year.

We've had an amazing season.

Yet all anyone wants to talk about here is how TMac was better or the 09 team was better or Harden doesn't care about winning or Howard doesn't care about winning or blah blah blah

Are these trolls or do people seriously have the memory of a goldfish?

3 people like this.
  2. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Guess what I rated this thread.

3. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

How can we b3 positive wh3n cyberx is trolling us with bs he say they say threads. Stuff like that is stressful to read at times like this when were down 0-3. That thread is so uncalled for.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Research shows that goldfish actually have a memory that spans over nearly a year, so I think many goldfish have a bigger memory span than a lot of Clutchfans posters.

5. malakas

malakas Member

I think some are more like haters than fans. They hate Harden they hate Dwight they hate T-mac they hate Lin they hate Morrey they hate Jones they hate DMO they hate McHale.
    They stay quiet when the results are good and when there is a loss it all comes up.

1 person likes this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just tell the tmac fans that because they got tmac to win nba2k with quitter mode off doesn't mean that happened in real life.

7. hakeemthagreat

Awfully negative or foolishly optimistic. Both are ignorant. But 0-7 against any team is embarrassing

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Raise your expectations.

DD

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

These same people have the worst trade and free agent ideas too

10. Mr. Clutch

Yep. They show up after losses in a weak attempt to show how smart they are.

1 person likes this.
  11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

This franchise has been out of the first round twice in 15 years. I think this season has been a huge success.

1 person likes this.
  12. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

I will admit I am really disappointed but that doesn't change me being a fan. In fact I wore my clutch city shirt to a church event yesterday despite the heckling.

But I really felt this was the year a non-dynasty team had a shot at winning it. I know we are not perfect but no team this year is. Warriors are a great team, but they are not historic and they are not unbeatable.

Heck if we had simply acquired a mo Williams or jarrret jack we would have won game 1 and 2. Let alone a player like Ty Lawson or Goran Dragic.

I feel morey let us down. But I dont think he cares, because the way he talks and the way les alexander talks this season was a huge success. They dont have that ultimate desire to win. Just being a top 8 team is enough for them.

If we had to, we should have traded every asset we had to go all in this year. 1 championship is worth a decade of mediocrity. But the thing is it wouldn't have been that because how young all our guys are and how the cap is raising.

So being negative is impossible...but doesn't mean I don't love and support my team. I have been to 3 playoff games and watched every single game this season. But despite of how far we go anything less than a championship is a disappointment because this was the year to win it.

But hey morey has flexibility next year......

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Considering the injuries I agree.

DD

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Season exceeded expectations for sure. But I think we all agree that there's a lot of uncertainty going forward.

15. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Misery loves company.

16. OpenLayup-Why3?

People come here to rage. Everyone raged when media predicted Rockets to be swept. Everyone rages when we are getting swept. Expectations got exceeded even without playing the best we could/should.

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

We all have a tendency to overreact sometimes, but I don't think there's anything wrong with being upset after the no-shows in Games 1, 3 & 4 vs the Clippers and Game 3 vs the Warriors.

I can handle blown leads or close losses like the first two games of the WCF. Those happen to every team. And overall, yes I'm happy with the progress made this season and getting to the WCF. But I do have some concern with the fact that the Rockets put out little-to-no effort in 5 of their 15 playoff games this year. Championship contending teams don't do that.

Harden's still young and has a lot to learn about being a leader. And McHale still has things he needs to learn as a head coach. But that better never happen again heading into next season.

18. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Unbelievable year! Against all odds they finished the 2 seed in probably the toughest Western Conference I can remember. We got all the way to the Western Conference Finals with two starters injured and a PG rotation of guys whose next stop is an assisted living facility! Truly unbelievable!

I have no problem going into this off season with the momentum of being the 2nd best team in the league (and no, there isn't a team in the Eastern Conference better than the Rockets).

We took a huge step this year. So long as we can keep building on it, we're on the right track!

1 person likes this.
  19. Mr. Clutch

We lost two starters plus had several more injuries.

We are losing to a historically great team that has had almost zero injuries.

Harden is still only 25 and we have flexibility to add pieces going forward.

It isn't how we want it to end if we lose to GS, but it's a successful season all things considered.

20. RyanB

RyanB Member

I seriously think there are a lot of very young and immature people here
    Overreacting blaming too much...
    One game they can go from Clutch city is back to Choke city...
    Honestly i don't care anymore about negative posts i only read positive ones and those who try to make objective analysis