1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Rumor: Jeff Green to Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HRox832, Dec 6, 2014.

1. HRox832

HRox832 Member

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/nba.trade.2014.rumors.jeff.green.lance.stephenson.involved.in.trade.talks/43901.htm

Not sure how credible the source is, but it's a Christian Sports site so they can't really lie about anything, right?

If this rumor is true, who would we trade for Green?

2. Ghost_of_Akeem

Forget it, Ainge will want us to include Harden plus 2 first round picks.

3. Normalus

Normalus Member

This is just funny, although true :grin:

Aniway, I don't see why we should trade for him. We have solid starter in Ariza, and legit backup in Pap. Only if we want to play him as PF and it means something really bad with TJones.

4. HRox832

HRox832 Member

I was thinking of something like Beverley, Canaan, Jones or Ariza, + Pelicans pick for Green & Rondo.

Our rotation would look like this...
    Rondo/Johnson
    Harden/Terry
    Green/Pap
    Jones/DMo
    Dwight/Black

Thats if we trade Ariza instead of Jones. Let's say we trade Jones and keep Ariza. Green can probably move up to the 4 spot to become our stretch four.

Another good thing about getting Green is that we'll look like a more attractive destination for KD. Harden & Green are both his former teammates...

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If we can get him for cheap, go for it. I know that will be hard to do especially with a bidding war. I would give up the rights to Gentile, a future 1st rounder and a high 2nd rounder/ Daniels or Johnson. I would be reluctant to give up the Pelicans pick for him unless it is absolutely necessary.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if u didn't know, the fakers are looking to earn their 17th championship this year. u better ask somebody

2 people like this.
  7. Ghost_of_Akeem

Ariza is a good locker room fit here, both Harden and Howard like him a lot, he's not likely to be traded. The chemistry they have been trying to establish will be an ongoing process for the next few seasons and there is no real reason to hit the reset button on it yet, imo.

As for Rondo, he's a nice player but I don't get the fascination that so many posters have with him. He's ball dominant guard and can't make outside shots, very similar to Harden. Horrible pairing, imo. Two redundant backcourt players along with our equally redundant frontcourt which needs more attention than our backcourt does right now.

8. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Was that article translated from another language?

9. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I don't really buy it. Where did this guy get his info, a burning bush? Also, I really enjoyed the quote "once the Hornets release him". That is extremely unlikely.

10. i3artow i3aller

:grin: :eek: :cool: Phase 2 of reuniting the Broingtons!? :cool: :eek: :grin:
    [​IMG]
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/g1TEgJoREG4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

He'd be a significant upgrade of Pap and a great small ball PF. Think 2012-2013 Carlos Delfino on steroids. He's also a great wing defender.

12. rocketblood713

Woj or its bs

13. i3artow i3aller

Say AHH!
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/omcDyNcwYiI?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

It's not all about player talent, more importantly building a team requires $$$. Is J. Green really such a big upgrade over Pap and whoever we have at the PF slot to warrant his more expensive salary? I don't think so, more importantly this team is on a roll, winning games despite missing key starters and our franchise C. So of course the first thing CF wants to do is trade our key guys for other people's warmed up leftovers :rolleyes:

15. Akkuron

Akkuron Member

I agree with this. People seem to be thinking that Rondo likes to pass and Harden is a volume scorer, so naturally they fit. The problem is that they both are at their best when they CREATE. Rondo is useless off the ball and you're also diminishing Harden's value by taking away his touches. Yeah Harden was good in OKC, but there's a reason he evolved into an MVP candidate here.

You're also not making it a very attractive free agent destination if you trade away Ariza 2 minutes after signing him when he's been nothing but great. You can afford to do that with bench-warmers and salary fillers, but not with legit starters, especially ones who are on fire.

16. dmoneybangbang

I'm sure Houston is in almost ever trade rumor.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was thinking the opposite, they might lie about any and everything. :grin:

18. Ghost_of_Akeem

It doesn't matter, Morey won't be making any trades with Ainge anytime soon. They're both pirates and pirates don't trade, they steal.

19. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

Green to PHX

Dragic to HOU (into the TPE)

NO Pick & right to Llull to Boston.

I like Green, especially that play in the above clip where he takes out Dirk's legs.......jk (but only a little bit :p)

This trade makes sense for Boston, giving them more ammunition to bring in another star to pair with Rondo. Phoenix moves from 3 pricey point guards to 2 PGs with a decent 2 way starting SF.

Rockets get Dragic to play make, take some load off Harden. Rockets will have to dump a contract, see ya Daniels....

20. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

He is a huge upgrade over Pap and Pap actually makes a lot of money. Green averages 19ppg (and that's while shooting well under his career 3pt%). Green has also played with Harden before if we're talking about chemistry...