1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Minnesota Twins MAscot Race

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bobrek, Aug 17, 2014.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

OK.....you do have access to the Delta Sky Lounge as well as the Metropolitan club.

2. bobrek

Just received word that I was randomly chosen to run in the Mascot Race on May 4th - Twins vs. A's. Not sure who I will be and probably won't know until that night. I will get some practice in before our August 28th group run.

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Went to the home opener but can't make it to the 4th. Good luck on your race and will try to make it to the Stros series when you're racing.

4. bobrek

The best part about the home opener is that it was a beautiful day to sit outside and watch a ball game. Other than that, the Twins played awful and parking sucked.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One advantage of living in Minneapolis is I can take public transportation and on a day like the home opener I biked.

If you're coming up from the South Metro have you tried driving to the MOA and taking the LRT?

6. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I went to the Wolves game instead of the Twins but my god that parking situation looked awful. I dont remember ever seeing it so crowded. But then again how often are you going to have the Wolves and Twins playing on the same day at the same time? The Wolves game was actually pretty packed (for a Wolves game anyway) since it was the last game of the year.

I second taking the blue line and parking at MOA or the park and rides in Bloomington or Fort Snelling if you live around those. It sucks that they killed the light rail park and ride on lake street. That used to be my go to parking before going to a game in downtown.

7. bobrek

We went straight from the airport (plane from IAH landed at 1:30) and had to have the flexibility to get out at a certain time as we had two meetings to get to that evening, otherwise that would have been a consideration. More than likely that will be the only sell out this season except perhaps for a couple of give away games.

8. bobrek

Ahhhh...you're talking last night. Between the two teams, it was essentially the same amount of people as were at opening day for the Twins. At least the downtown workers were mostly cleared out by then.

9. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Oh haha. For some reason I thought last night was the home opener.

10. bobrek

I fail at mascot races. I came in 4th, but at least I won the 50+ age group. :)

[​IMG]

11. PhiSlammaJamma

If there is a rabbit in the stands, watch the f out!