1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

About Yao (third hand)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

[I have no idea why i'm posting this. I'd like to think i'm somewhat reputable around here and this is third hand stuff that could be dead ass wrong. But, Clutchfans is where this kind of stuff gets shared for the greater good. So here it is.]

I have a relative who is friends with the president of the Yao fan club (which i generally understand is a large group of asian folks around houston that really like yao). my relative said that the president of the fan club interacts with and often sits with yao's family at games and other social settings. the president of the yao fan club said that yao appears done and while no decision has been made, he thinks yao is likely to hang it up. Too much wear and tear, and he has a life as an executive.

I don't know who the president of the fan club is.

i also don't know which fan club (on google, there appear to be many).

So this is basically somewhat useless, and triple hearsay that isn't probative of anything in a court of law, but some folks around here really care about yao. So there it is.

(And no, i won't post pics of my relative. Someone's bound to ask).

1 person likes this.
  2. Spooner

Spooner Member

Pics?

1 person likes this.
  3. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Forward this to the "President of the Yao Fan Club"

Link

4. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

pics???

i just don't want to disappoint you. you can count me too. :grin:

5. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

Interesting post, I believe that it is most likely true. I have thought that he would hang it up after this last injury .

6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Makes sense, I'll buy it. A man that size that has broken down as much as he has, must consider his health longterm. It would be awfully hard on him having another significant injury and going through another lengthy rehab.

I respect the hell out of him though, working his arse off all these years.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's not Pryuen?

I wouldn't be surprised. Yao has played alot of basketball for the Rockets and the Chinese national team.

His career was a success overall, considering the risk the Rockets took picking him #1 and that he developed into a legit force in the middle.

8. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Sorry.... this story has no substance without pics... as long as your cousin is a hot chick ;)

haha.. just playing..

on a serious note tho..I would hate for Yao to go out like that... Deke had to hang it up and didnt really get a proper "goodbye" coming off the court either.

Its really sad to see players forced out of the game due to injuries. But Yao's got a whole life ahead of him. This is probably the best decision for him.

If anything... have him come back and play like one possession on the offensive end like the Rockets did with Charles Barkley back in the day.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I doubt it would be much of a shock to see the guy hang it up.

But if you're wrong, you will be hunted down...

10. Seth

Seth Member

Yeah, that or he will go to the Spurs where they know how to handle old injury prone players and still win championships.

11. ILoveTheRockets

Please delete and repost after the trade deadline :grin:

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's sad,but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Yao retired.

13. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Not buying it. Yao becomes totally irrelevant if he hangs it up now, there go the endorsements, the glamor and fame.

If he rehabs, he still gets media coverage and potentially comes back to be an NBA all-star again along with the monetary rewards that come with it. Yao is too big a star to give up the cash potential of a comeback.

Yao as an executive of a Chinese bball team, minor league stuff at best compared to a comeback as an NBA player.

14. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Judge: "Do you have any evidence?"

Lionel Hutz: "Well, your honor, I have plenty of conjecture and hearsay. Those are kinds of evidence.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

[​IMG]

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

Could be true.

Then again, the guy could just as easily have made it up.