1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmac's got to finish better

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MacYao223, Mar 3, 2007.

1. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

Hate to nitpick, but I noticed Mac's inability to finish contested layups. I would like him to try and dunk those more often. I think tonight, he should have gotten way more calls, but he missed a ton of easy layups. Once he starts finishing those plays ala Kobe and Lebron, we are are a championship contender

2. Outlier

Outlier Member

I'm happy it's "he's got to finish better" than it was "t-mac has got to be more aggressive and drive more". It's a good change.

3. RedRaiderRocket

I recall him making quite a few 3 point plays in the first half.

4. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

It's definitely something I've noticed. Not just this season or last, but ever since he arrived in Houston. When he puts his mind to it he's great at getting to the rim, but a lot of the time he seems more focused on getting a call than actually making the basket first and foremost. He seems to just flick the ball at the rim sometimes without really directing it as much as he should. Pisses me off.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

liquor is flowing and so are tha ladies

6. spydermex

spydermex Member

yes, his ability to make every hard lay up will thrust ahead of then Suns and Mavs. thats genius

7. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

I just think he doesn't have the hops to get above the rim anymore. I'm fine with his game. He played awesome last night.

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I think he should come up with a cure for cancer and AIDS first.

After all, Tmac is GOD!

9. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

He was taking a beating and giving the effort inside and under the basket. I'm concerned Tracy could hurt his back or break down because of all the physical contact. Snyder needs to do that inside slashing.

10. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

If t-mac is so fragile that he can't do that - especially near the end of the season and the playoffs - then he isn't t-mac anymore.

11. startover

startover Member

For me, he reads games better and plays better basketball overall. I could not be happier :)

As long as he is healthy and keeps playing this way, I am not going to ask more from him :)

12. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

tmac hasn't even done 13 pts in 31 seconds in over 2 yrs! wTf!!!!

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't have a problem with the results of his drives. I still say he needs to attack more. Not all the time, but especially late in close games.

Yesterday the pathetic Nuggets personified "matador" defense and cleared a path for any Rocket going to the rim, with the exception of Camby a couple of times. Tracy could have attacked more instead of settling for so many jumpshots. It's not like the Nugs were going to clobber him. Tracy had only 4 FTs last night and every one of them was an "and 1". I sure didn't see Tracy take much of a beating.

14. awo86

awo86 Rookie

guys...chill out....mcgrady will be different come playoof time. right now, if you can see it, hes just trying avoid contact to limit injury possibility. he doesn't initiate the contact, which great penetrators do but that does not mean hes not capable of finishing around the basket. come plaoffs time, mcgrady will take more risk ad will able to miss less of those 'layups'.

15. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

am going to anyway? :rolleyes: :confused:

In case you didn't see the game, WE WON.
    T-Mac had 28pts / 7ast / 6reb / 2stl
    I think he did plenty.... :cool:

16. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Come on man, are you serious?

In the playoffs those would all be dunks pretty much. And he'd probably get to the rim more often. Why put himself through that contact now? He's already getting to the hoop, he just has work a little on finishing but it's no problem.

He can still get high above the rim, remember that back door alley-oop from Rafer in the Magic game? Yep he can still get up but he's not trying to every possession.

That switch-hands-in-the-air-right-to-left-layup-and1 was TOO sweet. That was pretty nostalgic man that brought back some memories. That's the stuff T-Mac used to do. It felt good to see that.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Not sure why this only has one star. I've been thinking the exact same thing.

One move, in particular, sticks out for me. When he drives down the left baseline he almost always tries to go under the basket and score on the reverse. But, for whatever reason, his percentage on that shot hasn't been good.

18. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

I definately disagree. He had four and1's last night... meaning even though he was fouled, he was STILL finishing strong.

But then again, people will always find something to complain about. Even with a win.

19. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

You would be ignorant to say he finishes like he did 2 years ago. I think he just doesnt want to go up strong and risk getting hurt right now.

20. rocket3forlife2

Yeah he hit more in this game then he usually does..you should have have posted this topic before tonights game when he wasn't finshing them.