1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm glad Yao Ming had bad shooting night.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigRock, Jan 11, 2003.

1. BigRock

BigRock Member

I'm tired of Yao shooting these long shots, he needs to go in and dunk it like man (like that dunk he had on Theo Ratlif), and I'm glad he had a bad shooting night in Atlanta so he can learn to throw it down.

2. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

I am NEVER glad when the Rockets have a bad night.

I can understand your point, but I would rather Yao dominate instead of miss so many shots.

He doesn't take a lot of "long" shots. Some of his turn-round shots are 12-15ft out but they are in rhythm and pretty reliable for him. It is not like he is shooting threes. Otherwise he does stay in the paint and go inside.

He was just tired from shooting the commerical in NYC and his gal. ;)

3. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

I guess you could of used better words but Yao does need to throw it down. Maybe, he should stop doing everything else and just play basketball. I mean on his day off he flies to NYC to do a commercial. C'mon man! Just play ball!!!!

4. njsun

njsun Contributing Member

Yeah, Yao should stand up against 'Yao Team' 's trip plan!
    Be a team player. That is a Rockets team player.

5. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Maybe Yao actually enjoys partaking in something OTHER than basketball. Ease up on the guy, he needs to get involved with the US of A, not just B ball.

6. aaaccchhhooo

aaaccchhhooo Member

you should tell this to his management team....they are the one that planned his commercials

7. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Maybe he needs to focus on wins. Maybe that is why he was sluggish for the Atlanta game. Maybe that is the reason he was getting killed in the post. You know Shaq had a problem with the same type of things. He won his championships when he put basketball first. I am not saying Yao doesn't put basketball first. I am just saying this game is already difficult. He shouldn't make it more difficult spreading himself thin.

His advisors care about one thing!!!! We all know that!